cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA Most Stable BIOS

KING_DRANZER
Level 7
What is the Most stable BIOS for ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA out for Overclocking CPU + RAM.
2 REPLIES 2

Kelutrel
Level 11
KING DRANZER wrote:
What is the Most stable BIOS for ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA out for Overclocking CPU + RAM.

I am using the latest 3602 BIOS with good success on both my co curves and RAM oc. But because the results are also related to the CPU model and RAM compatibility, any specific BIOS version mentioned here may probably cause some random dude to come out of the shadows to throw curses at it and declare that he is getting better results with an ancient Sumerian bios version and nothing else provided better OC.

wyliec2
Level 7
I have the Crosshair VIII Formula with a 5950X, G.Skill 3600 CL16 RAM and I'm on 3501.

I have progressed from a 3950X to the 5950X and several of the initial 5-series BIOS seemed to have issues.

After a few tweaks I'm running an all-core OC at 4.5GHz and DOCP running the RAM at full speed.

I run many video encodes for which the all-core OC works much better than the PBO options.

I recently upgraded GPU to a Gigabyte 3080TI Gaming OC and it has worked flawlessly. I get great Cinebench and 3D-Mark scores and more importantly, it runs stably with Handbrake H265 4K encodes which take several hours - sometimes at 90%+ CPU utilization. Temps average 70C at the highest.

As it is, nothing is broken - it's doing everything I want/need it to do. Unless/until there's a specific reason to upgrade, I'll stick with 3501.