cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Crosshair viii Dark Hero Motherboard issues.

ady1
Level 7
Hi everyone.
I have just started to get back in to pc building after a Few years break, so much has changed!
I am starting to have issues with screen flickering on wake up and also the displays turning off with the PC on and the Q Code reading 00 ............. I am using Bios 4201 which I am starting to see was a mistake..... I am running windows 11 - AMD 5950x, 64gb Ballistix Max 4400mhz , Asus Tuf 3090ti oc, all water cooled. DOCP is enabled.
I have also had the system freeze on start up reading 02 as the q code.

I have reset cmos and have run Restoro.

Any pointers anyone, help greatl appreciated.

Cheers

Ady
12 REPLIES 12

I have BIOS 4304 applied, not encountered any issues so far. I never had problems with 4201 either.

New BIOS changes.

- Update AGESA version to ComboV2PI 1208.
- Improve security
- Improve system stability and performance
- Update Raid UEFI Driver

Gentleman
Level 8
ady@amf1 wrote:
Hi everyone.
I have just started to get back in to pc building after a Few years break, so much has changed!
I am starting to have issues with screen flickering on wake up and also the displays turning off with the PC on and the Q Code reading 00 ............. I am using Bios 4201 which I am starting to see was a mistake..... I am running windows 11 - AMD 5950x, 64gb Ballistix Max 4400mhz , Asus Tuf 3090ti oc, all water cooled. DOCP is enabled.

Cheers

Ady

hi mate,

As the last speaker said. 4000mhz+ on memory will be problematic on a lot of motherboards paired with an AMD AM4 CPU. I've dealt with a few of these builds in my experience. Optionally, after what a colleague has already suggested, try to set the memory manually to 3600 and make sure that the cpu fsb / memory ratio is 1:1. Everything should be fine, and then you can experiment with more aggressive taimings. If you do not feel like an advanced user, then the best purchase will be memory with a predefined 3800mhz, and e.g. delays of 16-16-16-38.

J_Bish
Level 10
Q Code 00 (cpu is not initializing) code 02 is also cpu related (AP initialization before microcode loading), back off the overclocking and set everything back to stock/default config no docp and see what it does

ady@amf1 wrote:
Hi everyone.

Cheers

Ady