cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero and RAM issues (Solved)

Hardstyle
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I'am an hardcore gamer and I've always used to build my own computer.

Unfortunatly I realy need help with the latest config.

Here the stuff*:

Asus ROG crosshair 8 DARKHERO (with latest bios version 3801)
Windows 10 pro 64bit
AMD RYZEN 9 3950X
Watercooling Corsair H100i PRO XT
DDR4 3600 4x8 Corsair vengeance RGB PRO
Asus STRIX 3080
Double samsung NVMe
Corsair HX 1200W
Corsair Crystal 570X

There's two majors issues*:

1. The computer do not switch on normaly. Sometimes it turned on like normal, next time i have to press twice the power botton or sometime it doesn't turn on at all. I have to power off and on the supply power.
It's purly random. I've already turn off the fast windows boot in the bios.
PS*:There's no reset botton in the corsair 570X tower.

2. Crashes.
When I m playing there's crashs. It's always the same windows error*:
''Material problem*: LiveKernelEvent code*; 144 or ffab*''
Sometimes there's bluescreen sometimes it's just the game who shut down. Sometimes it's just a big freez but the game come back (in world of warcraft for exemple) but i still have the problem report when I check windows fiability historical.

3. The Qcod from motherboard show 0C witch means*: '"Reserved for Future AMI SEC Error Codes" Maybe its because i've overclocked my CPU to 49x. When i turn off overclock GPU it show 9E. Note that there's still crashs when the CPU is not overclocked.

I think the problem come from the RAM config.
LiveKernelEvent 144 say that's i need to test my RAM. My first RAM was diagnosticed with an error and I've just received the new ones from Corsair yesterday. No error from windows diagnostic and from Memtest86 test with the new one but I still have crashs issues.

I've tested everything, DOCP mode, manual config (just changing Ram frequency to 3600).
It seems that it's more stabble when the voltage of DDRRAM is boost at 1.36V.

When I choose the DOCP profil in bios i've a warning message ''the DOCP profil can occure instability, the max profil is around 3600''

Another thing that guide me to RAM config problem is when i go to ICUE software from corsair (this is where you can set up you'r RGB) after a crash there's a red exclamation mark in the RAM icon i can't select it. It's weird.

I fell very lost and frustrated to not use the computer normaly.
Is there someone abble to help me*?

Thank's a lot for reading me,

Wish you a good day

Olivier
35 REPLIES 35

RedSector73 wrote:
Hey, try a manual SOC valve of 1.1v or 1.15v (start with the lower one) with 4 x RAM

How to set SOC Voltage.

Enter BIOS, Advanced mode.

Navigate to
Extreme Tweaker (maybe AI Tweaker) -> CPU SOC Voltage set to manual.

RAM 2 or 4 sticks depends on if it single rank or dual rank for performance levels or which is better.

2xDual Rank (DR) is good
4xSingle Rank (SR) is fractionally better.

Check your RAM at AMD link
https://www.amd.com/en/products/ryzen-compatible-memory

Hello Redsector,
Thank's a lot for you'r fast response.
I'll try you'r advice. I'll keep you in touch

RedSector73
Level 12
One other thing you should do is check Windows 10 is ok

On the search bar type ' powershell ' then right click run as adminstrator on the windows powershell application at top.

type or copy/paste without '' - ' Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth '
type ' SFC /scannow '
reboot and repeat both commands again, reboot.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

RedSector73 wrote:
One other thing you should do is check Windows 10 is ok

On the search bar type ' powershell ' then right click run as adminstrator on the windows powershell application at top.

type or copy/paste without '' - ' Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth '
type ' SFC /scannow '
reboot and repeat both commands again, reboot.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

I've made twice powershell. 52 errors from first attempt and 0 for second one.

For the soc voltage, when seting on manual i can only change the VDDSOC Voltage override. Is it ok ?

Here the picture bellow

RedSector73
Level 12
There are three RAM QVL being on one is good enough. I misunderstood your post, sorry. I'll edit the effected post.

try SOC voltage tip.

RedSector73 wrote:
There are three RAM QVL being on one is good enough. I misunderstood your post, sorry. I'll edit the effected post.

try SOC voltage tip.

I've just ordered theses one :
https://www.digitec.ch/fr/s1/product/gskill-trident-z-neo-4-x-8gb-ddr4-3600-dimm-288-memoires-vives-...

They are on AMD list and darkhero8 memory list. Now it's impossible to get conflict.
The ones i get actualy are not on AMD memory list.

RedSector73
Level 12
Yip, give it go and report back. Hopefully this solves the issue for you.

Typically random reset with black screen, no error code in windows or (without blue screen), is a sign it needs 1.15v (should not need to exceed this value) and may or may not produce a qcode.

RedSector73 wrote:
Yip, give it go and report back. Hopefully this solves the issue for you.

Typically random reset with black screen, no error code in windows or (without blue screen), is a sign it needs 1.15v (should not need to exceed this value) and may or may not produce a qcode.

Remember, there's no crash anymore since I've set FLCK manualy.
The only problem left is the no switch on computer (have to turn off/on power supply)

Hardstyle wrote:
The only problem left is the no switch on computer (have to turn off/on power supply)

The switch on the case maybe source issue, if you have reset button on the case, you can try using it in place of the power switch and see if it works.

Hardstyle wrote:

Hello RedSector,
There's no reset botton in my corsair box.
But the power on issue is random. Sometimes it work sometimes it deosnt. I realized it's when i turn off the computer after a gaming session. I think my ram who bugged and it cause problem for the next turn on phase

RedSector73
Level 12
Run memtest86+ test with these default settings and see if the ram throws errors