cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS DARK HERO 'DtsApo4Service.exe' ERROR

dhilluminati
Level 7
Hello,

This is my first post so apologies if I have reached the wrong forum.

I currently own an Asus Dark Hero motherboard and have been experiencing this persistent problem when gaming:

Fault bucket 1468478466330317310, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: DtsApo4Service.exe
P2: 1.5.3.0
P3: 5f0d2715
P4: DtsApo4Service.exe
P5: 1.5.3.0
P6: 5f0d2715
P7: c0000005
P8: 000000000000bdc2
P9:
P10:

I have followed the instructions in this forum for a clean install of audio drivers (i.e. uninstalled and cleaned using SS3 cleaner + DriverStoreExplorer etc) and the problem still persists. My next step is to disable this service from the Services app, however, I believe that is not a complete solution. I'd like to know how to eliminate this problem once and for all. It seems as if it has something to do with "DtsApo4Service.exe" and only occurs when gaming. This file is located in: C:\Windows\System32\DTS\PC\APO4x folder and exists with a multitude of other files.

My setup includes an ASUS TUF 3090 + 5950x and 32gb RAM. I am pretty confident that it has something to do with audio drivers rather than my graphics card, CPU or RAM. My OS is Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thank you!

EDIT: I have done a forum search for this problem and it seems like two people had the same issue without a solid solution. I have also googled this problem and found that there are many people experiencing the same issue, however, there has been no solution. At this point I am thinking maybe it might be better to disable DTSApo4Service.exe from the Services app (even though it says it is "running").
5 REPLIES 5

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Since the 6.0.9251.1 WHQL drivers, there has been a major change made by Realtek regarding the drivers package type dedicated to your motherboard (probably to overcome the APO services conflict that generates DTS service errors that you are currently experiencing), which fact that DTS APO4x Core Sofware Component & DTS APO4x Service Sofware Component are no longer used by the new drivers package type architecture.

So if you have installed the drivers package from your motherboard support page, it still uses the old problematic architecture. The drivers package that I offer in my thread uses the new fixed architecture.

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx).

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Since the 6.0.9251.1 WHQL drivers, there has been a major change made by Realtek regarding the drivers package type dedicated to your motherboard (probably to overcome the APO services conflict that generates DTS service errors that you are currently experiencing), which fact that DTS APO4x Core Sofware Component & DTS APO4x Service Sofware Component are no longer used by the new drivers package type architecture.

So if you have installed the drivers package from your motherboard support page, it still uses the old problematic architecture. The drivers package that I offer in my thread uses the new fixed architecture.

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx).

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Do I NEED to install these: - Install Sonic Studio III and Install DTS Sound Unbound?

Thanks.

dhilluminati wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Do I NEED to install these: - Install Sonic Studio III and Install DTS Sound Unbound?

Thanks.

It is not imperative to install them, it is up to you to choose according to your needs.

MoKiChU wrote:
It is not imperative to install them, it is up to you to choose according to your needs.

Hi there,

Just to update, the problem is still persistent. I have followed your instructions - there is no DTS folder in my Windows folder anymore and there is no "DtsApo4Service.exe" in services either. However, the error still persists and it is exactly the same error I have posted in my original post.

Bump.

Sorry for the bump, but perhaps there could be another reason for this error?

Could it be not related to the sound drivers at all? I've read somewhere that it might help to reduce the RAM nominal voltage (rather than being on XMP) to stop the ohm spike which could be causing this error (as the spike demand makes the ram voltage trigger the exe code). Has anyone dealt with this or have any more knowledge on this by any chance?

Thank you.