cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Crosshair VIII Hero Code 00/0D Orange LED freeze/lock up

Cheairnyndahl
Level 7
So before about 3 days ago, this has never, ever occurred with my system, and I have had zero stability issues for months with this system, as I'm running at stock most of the time (will explain what I mean by that further in system description).

Things I have changed in the system that MAY (but I don't think are) causing the issue:

I had to install a WiFi card because our wired internet was down for an extended period of time, so I needed WiFi to use my cell phone as a mobile hotspot, to get some things done online, that was about a week ago. I am planning on removing this if it happens again to rule it out as an issue.
I updated both Corsair ICue & Asus Armory Crate in the last few days - I have now uninstalled both of them and am using as normal again to see if the issue persists.

Things I am planning to test next:

Obvious uninstalling the WiFi Card
I'm also going to update my BIOS if the issue persists, though I don't believe BIOS is suddenly an issue when I've been running on this BIOS for months with no issues, and running at optimized defaults

What is happening:

It is completely random as far as I can tell, as it's happened once in game (CS:GO), once while I was just watching YouTube, and once while I was just doing something in Google Chrome. The system will be functioning normally, then the screen will either go black or freeze, and at the same time, the fans will spin up to 100% on the system, the Debug LED reads 00/0D (I dunno which), and the Orange LED below the debug that I believe indicates CPU/motherboard/RAM issue, is on solid orange.

I cannot reboot the system with the power button or turn it off, I have to turn it off via the switch on the power supply.

I have seen others post about this but I haven't found a solution, and one person was pointing out that they have literally swapped everything hardware wise, including replacing the motherboard through Asus, and the issue is still occurring for them.

System Specs:

AMD 5950X @ stock with FCLK at 1800MHz to match the RAM 1:1
Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Non-WiFi)
G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL15 4x8GB kit running at 3600MHz CL15-16-16-36-50-2T (so the RAM is very relaxed compared to what it can run)
eVGA RTX 3090 K|NGP|N @ 2100MHz core 1063mV or stock
eVGA 1200W P2 Platinum PSU
some Samsung M.2 SSDs & SATA SSDs
CPU & GPU are both cooled by an EK liquid cooling loop, PE360 & XE480 radiators & 20 fans (no that's not a joke)

If anyone has an suggestions on what else to try, please do let me know.
8 REPLIES 8

Braveshock
Level 7
Hi,

I have the same issue. At the beg I thought it might be overclocking causing that issue however even on stock settings Im having the same problem. Does not matter if gaming or not. It happens without any reason I could think of.

Sakujura
Level 7
Same issue,
5950x
g.skill 3800Mhz running at 3600 2x 32GB
rtx 2080

Sakujura wrote:
Same issue,
5950x
g.skill 3800Mhz running at 3600 2x 32GB
rtx 2080

I was having this very issue

Dark Hero
5900x
32gb gskill trident at 3600

its the stupid power throttling...either go into bios and disable c-states or in windows power settings set the minimum processor power state to 15 once i done this the issue has gone away for 2 weeks now. It would lock randomly before and even while just the screen saver was on, it would hard lock and fans would ramp to 100 and orange error code with 00, then i had to kill the PS by the PS switch. This is for sure not a seating issue as ive seen many post this issue, its either Armory Crate related, bios related, or AGESA related...

J_Bish
Level 10
Your overclocking memory @ 3600mhz, Code 00 indicates CPU not initializing, have seen many folks with boards... after tightening the aio coolers, tweaks the boards if too tight and causes errors... IF have stock cooling, try using it, reset bios to stock,ram to 3200... Would also reseat memory, CPU and video card.

Cheairnyndahl wrote:
So before about 3 days ago, this has never, ever occurred with my system, and I have had zero stability issues for months with this system, as I'm running at stock most of the time (will explain what I mean by that further in system description).

Things I have changed in the system that MAY (but I don't think are) causing the issue:

I had to install a WiFi card because our wired internet was down for an extended period of time, so I needed WiFi to use my cell phone as a mobile hotspot, to get some things done online, that was about a week ago. I am planning on removing this if it happens again to rule it out as an issue.
I updated both Corsair ICue & Asus Armory Crate in the last few days - I have now uninstalled both of them and am using as normal again to see if the issue persists.

Things I am planning to test next:

Obvious uninstalling the WiFi Card
I'm also going to update my BIOS if the issue persists, though I don't believe BIOS is suddenly an issue when I've been running on this BIOS for months with no issues, and running at optimized defaults

What is happening:

It is completely random as far as I can tell, as it's happened once in game (CS:GO), once while I was just watching YouTube, and once while I was just doing something in Google Chrome. The system will be functioning normally, then the screen will either go black or freeze, and at the same time, the fans will spin up to 100% on the system, the Debug LED reads 00/0D (I dunno which), and the Orange LED below the debug that I believe indicates CPU/motherboard/RAM issue, is on solid orange.

I cannot reboot the system with the power button or turn it off, I have to turn it off via the switch on the power supply.

I have seen others post about this but I haven't found a solution, and one person was pointing out that they have literally swapped everything hardware wise, including replacing the motherboard through Asus, and the issue is still occurring for them.

System Specs:

AMD 5950X @ stock with FCLK at 1800MHz to match the RAM 1:1
Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Non-WiFi)
G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL15 4x8GB kit running at 3600MHz CL15-16-16-36-50-2T (so the RAM is very relaxed compared to what it can run)
eVGA RTX 3090 K|NGP|N @ 2100MHz core 1063mV or stock
eVGA 1200W P2 Platinum PSU
some Samsung M.2 SSDs & SATA SSDs
CPU & GPU are both cooled by an EK liquid cooling loop, PE360 & XE480 radiators & 20 fans (no that's not a joke)

If anyone has an suggestions on what else to try, please do let me know.

zAquTix
Level 8

Hello,

I have have following hardware:

• AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    ROG Chrosshair VIII Dark Hero (BIOS 4501 latest version from 2023/05/23) 
    G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series 3600MHz 4x8GB
    ROG RTX 4090
    I have had the same issue since I updated to Windows 11 and BOIS version 3801 or at least that is when it started. 

I had an RMA with G.Skill and switched my RAM, no differance. I changed the clock speeds of my RAM and added extra cooling to keep them in the mid 40s in Celsius .... still happens.

I am not sure if this a fail from G.Skill, ASUS or AMD but I will rethink all of them for my next system. 

If anyone has a solution, please let us know. I am currently testing the theory that setting the RAM voltage to 1.36 helps.

I’m just curious, are you able to find a solution? I’m having the same issue as you. 

I changed the voltage of the RAM to 1.36 and it helped for a while but at the end I send it in as a RMA and got a new motherboard. New motherboard has been working great for the most part. Had maybe 2-3 crashes since but I would assume that it can happen. 

nitz30
Level 7

I'm having the same issue here

Previous setup but same MB

R9 3900X went RMA (no change, still crashing)
MB Rog Crosshair Hero VIII Wi0fi went RMA Issue still there
PSU Seasonic 1050w 

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (went RMA, issue still there) (fan goes 100% when pc crash)

RAM 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3600Mhz (memtest 100%)

-----------------

System update

AIO Asus Ryujin II 360 Push pull config (CPU temp varies non stop from 39C to 65C)
R9 5950X (while waiting for 3900X to come back, but issue still there ...)

PSU EVGA 1300W 

APC backup UPS

Same MB BUT I really think Asus sent me back a refurbished board ... wasn't looking new at all ... 

RAM 4x 32GB Corsair Dominator 3600Mhz (issue still there)

Power Color RX7900XTX Red Devil Limited Edition (issue still there but stay quiet compared to my EVGA)

I'm totally lost right now, that PC costed me a lot of money and still have issue 

Some people they were suggesting me to undervolt the CPU cause looks like a voltage problem, I did for the RAM but didn't change anything

Also, my pc went to a computer shop for about a week and ... never find the real problem, they told me the problem is the GPU and never took a look at the Q-Code error ... which is for me, unbelievable coming from a shop that's been open for the last 25 years ... 

Thank you