cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Crosshair VIII 3101 Beta Bios out !

Riplex
Level 7
111 REPLIES 111

Dicehunter wrote:
Well you don't HAVE to run it at 3600MHz as you would never notice the difference between 3200MHz and 3600MHz if it's purely for 3D modelling etc...

A lot of memory and anything over 32GB generally speaking do not go well together for stability, You should aim for stability rather than getting 0.1% better performance that 400Mhz will give you.

try to do long sessions in after effects then understand what 128 gb of ram is needed

karmal wrote:
try to do long sessions in after effects then understand what 128 gb of ram is needed

I meant to say a lot of memory and anything over 3200MHz, Not anything over 32GB, Brain fart, Tend not to go too well together hence why most professional workstations that have in excess of 64GB run memory at 2933Mhz.

Dicehunter wrote:
I meant to say a lot of memory and anything over 3200MHz, Not anything over 32GB, Brain fart, Tend not to go too well together hence why most professional workstations that have in excess of 64GB run memory at 2933Mhz.

you can see that you don't work and you don't need speed and capacity .. not all of us are the same in my office there are those who use 256 GB of memory specifically this without problems
https://www.amazon.it/GSKILL-Trident-Royal-DDR4-3600/dp/B087B14F68
maybe you play with the pc I don't .. I work there and the work must make .. your examinations are not very intelligent

karmal wrote:
you can see that you don't work and you don't need speed and capacity .. not all of us are the same in my office there are those who use 256 GB of memory specifically this without problems
maybe you play with the pc I don't .. I work there and the work must make .. your examinations are not very intelligent

If you're going to be needlessly insulting I can do the same, Kindly go #### yourself, Make of that what you will.

Why did you think that was okay to say ?

2nd, My examinations are based off of people I personally know that work in the film industry that use large amounts of memory and also my own experience having used high speed memory.

Nothing of value can be gained from interacting with you any further.

Dicehunter wrote:
If you're going to be needlessly insulting I can do the same, Kindly go #### yourself, Make of that what you will.

Why did you think that was okay to say ?

2nd, My examinations are based off of people I personally know that work in the film industry that use large amounts of memory and also my own experience having used high speed memory.

Nothing of value can be gained from interacting with you any further.

what should i answer when a person talks like this?
I meant to say a lot of memory and anything over 3200MHz, Not anything over 32GB, Brain fart

karmal wrote:

What is it with some people on here and their god damned superiority complexes, you're not the first abrasive toad to grace these forums and sadly won't be the last.

Arrogant prick.

karmal wrote:

If the system is for work and stability needs to be unconditional then overclocking FCLK and the memory bus this much likely isn't the scenario you should be chasing, either.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Hi

I am noticing higher temps on this 3101 beta bios as compared to 3003.

At idle, i'm getting 51C-53C on 3101 and on 3003 i was getting 46C-48C.

At load, i'm getting 92C on 3101 and on 3003 i was getting 82C.

Running Crosshair VIII Formula with 5950X on custom water loop.

Anyone else notice significantly higher temps with this bios?

Thanks

Updated from 3003 to 3101 and noticed that my boost isn't boosting as high as previous on my 5950x. I flashed and loaded optimized defaults, and I see my peak ST boost isn't hitting 5050 anymore, and a R20 run my MT boost is roughly 50-75mhz lower as well, leading to a 200 point drop.Â*

What's weird is I saved a profile on 3101 so I wouldn't need to redo my RAM timings, and when I downgraded to 3003 and applied my profile, the same boosting behavior was present until I loaded optimized defaults again, then things went back to normal.
Â*
Any ideas what could be causing boost to drop 50-75mhz in both ST and MT? Temps and everything still see fine.

Reliantg wrote:
Updated from 3003 to 3101 and noticed that my boost isn't boosting as high as previous on my 5950x. I flashed and loaded optimized defaults, and I see my peak ST boost isn't hitting 5050 anymore, and a R20 run my MT boost is roughly 50-75mhz lower as well, leading to a 200 point drop.Â*

What's weird is I saved a profile on 3101 so I wouldn't need to redo my RAM timings, and when I downgraded to 3003 and applied my profile, the same boosting behavior was present until I loaded optimized defaults again, then things went back to normal.
Â*
Any ideas what could be causing boost to drop 50-75mhz in both ST and MT? Temps and everything still see fine.

Did you change your CPU Load Line Calibration ? Try to set it on Auto again, just try and see if you get back your MHz.