Asus crosshair vi hero NVMe SSD Not working

amalkumar
Level 7
Lexar® NM610 M.2 2280 NVMe SSD
My Asus crosshair vi hero not showing my bios

How can i fix?
21 REPLIES 21

RedSector73 wrote:
Here is the procedure for install of windows on a new NVMe drive.

Enter BIOS, Advanced mode,

1 - Make sure you unplug all SATA and USB drives, the M.2 drive has to be the only drive installed.
2 - Go into the bios, under the boot tab there is an option for CSM, make sure it is disabled.
3 - Click on secure boot option below and make sure it is set to other OS, Not windows UEFI.
4 - Click on key management and clear secure boot keys.
5 - Insert a USB memory stick with a UEFI bootable iso of Windows 10 on it.
6 - Press F10 to save, exit and reboot.
7 - Windows will now start installing to your NVME drive as it has its own NVME driver built in.
8 - When the PC reboots hit F2 to go back into the BIOS, you will see under boot priority that windows boot manager now lists your NVME drive.
9 - Click on secure boot again but now set it to Windows UEFI mode.
10 - Click on key management and install default secure boot keys
11 - Press F10 to save and exit and windows will finish the install.

Hope you find this helpful.

PS - To be Windows 11 ready do this after the above,

Enter BIOS, Advanced mode.

Navigate to
Advanced Menu -> AMD fTPM Configuartion
TPM Device Selection: Firmware TPM

Save & Exit

Working Thank you Soo much

RedSector73 wrote:
Here is the procedure for install of windows on a new NVMe drive.

Enter BIOS, Advanced mode,

1 - Make sure you unplug all SATA and USB drives, the M.2 drive has to be the only drive installed.
2 - Go into the bios, under the boot tab there is an option for CSM, make sure it is disabled.
3 - Click on secure boot option below and make sure it is set to other OS, Not windows UEFI.
4 - Click on key management and clear secure boot keys.
5 - Insert a USB memory stick with a UEFI bootable iso of Windows 10 on it.
6 - Press F10 to save, exit and reboot.
7 - Windows will now start installing to your NVME drive as it has its own NVME driver built in.
8 - When the PC reboots hit F2 to go back into the BIOS, you will see under boot priority that windows boot manager now lists your NVME drive.
9 - Click on secure boot again but now set it to Windows UEFI mode.
10 - Click on key management and install default secure boot keys
11 - Press F10 to save and exit and windows will finish the install.

Hope you find this helpful.

PS - To be Windows 11 ready do this after the above,

Enter BIOS, Advanced mode.

Navigate to
Advanced Menu -> AMD fTPM Configuartion
TPM Device Selection: Firmware TPM

Save & Exit

Hi, sorry to enjoy the topic. But what about when Crosshair VI Hero crashes on boot screen when running nvme? I was in the last bios 8002, I went back to 7901 to test and it continues in the same way.

https://youtu.be/mzj82d6ram8

kaio.alencar wrote:
Hi, sorry to enjoy the topic. But what about when Crosshair VI Hero crashes on boot screen when running nvme? I was in the last bios 8002, I went back to 7901 to test and it continues in the same way.

https://youtu.be/mzj82d6ram8

Your failure result is 100% correct and should be repeateble on every computer on earth that has NVMe slot by following your video. But you did give me a good laugh, in the future I would not disqualify something, when you have not followed anything that was written in the procedure that may appear unintelligent.

Your best bet is translating what I provided from English to your native language and then actually following it or having someone who speak/read English help you read/follow the procedure I have given. Otherwise after reviewing your video evidence, NOT WORK is about your chances of ever getting NVMe drive to work.

Good luck.

RedSector73 wrote:
Your failure result is 100% correct and should be repeateble on every computer on earth that has NVMe slot by following your video. But you did give me a good laugh, in the future I would not disqualify something, when you have not followed anything that was written in the procedure that may appear unintelligent.

Your best bet is translating what I provided from English to your native language and then actually following it or having someone who speak/read English help you read/follow the procedure I have given. Otherwise after reviewing your video evidence, NOT WORK is about your chances of ever getting NVMe drive to work.

Good luck.

But I disconnect all SATAS inputs and the motherboard gets stuck on the boot screen. I can't even enter the bios. Just remove the nvme that I re-enter the bios normally and the pc reconnects. Do I need to configure the bios before then? In your tutorial, remove all satas and leave only the nvme, but doing this I get the computer locked up and I left it like that for up to 1 hour without leaving it.
At 6:15 minutes into the video I remove all Satas connections.

Edit:

I recorded a new video (can't laugh at my stupidity lol)
Here when I put the nvme the computer crashes, gets stuck on the boot screen and I can't access the bios. I removed the nvme and made the changes in the bios, when I put the nvme back it locks again on the boot screen. I waited about 40 minutes and it started installing Windows, but it doesn't detect nvme. I tested the nvme on an Aouros B450 of my cousin, just plug it in and it is recognized normally, start windows and you can see it in the crystal disk info. Is my Crosshair VI Hero having a problem?

https://youtu.be/XQ_0kW4y5gY

Thank you very much good sir.

Your advice worked like a charm with a wd sn570 blue.

I had to fight a little bit with the partition in the windows istallling instance, noghing that a little of cmd could not solve. disk part / list disk/ select disk/ clean/ create gpt and bingo. That way I was able to bypass error 0x80300002

amalkumar
Level 7
💯💯 Working Thank You Sooo much @RedSector73

RedSector73
Level 12
Keep the procedure handy, works on all ASUS motherboards.
Enjoy.

RedSector73 wrote:
Keep the procedure handy, works on all ASUS motherboards.
Enjoy.

Thank You

RedSector73
Level 12
I don't have time today to watch your video, but here is what I would try.

The procedure is for new installation, let's try some general stuff and see if we can get your system going or if there is an issue with the motherboard.

(1) Make sure you are using the latest BIOS. BETA ones from ASUS are normally fairly good if you have beta available.
(2) Make sure you have reset the BIOS to system default and clear the bios before putting the drive in.

Then see if you can follow the procedure given, I have not used Adata XPG in a CH7, cant confirm it should work but no reason it should not work. You have already proven the M2 device is not the issue, so that one less thing to worry about.

If you have done all this and still does not work, raise ticketed support with ASUS and let them decide what to do.

PS: In the first video you were not hitting the key required to enter the bios. Not sure if your still doing this.

RedSector73 wrote:
I don't have time today to watch your video, but here is what I would try.

The procedure is for new installation, let's try some general stuff and see if we can get your system going or if there is an issue with the motherboard.

(1) Make sure you are using the latest BIOS. BETA ones from ASUS are normally fairly good if you have beta available.
(2) Make sure you have reset the BIOS to system default and clear the bios before putting the drive in.

Then see if you can follow the procedure given, I have not used Adata XPG in a CH7, cant confirm it should work but no reason it should not work. You have already proven the M2 device is not the issue, so that one less thing to worry about.

If you have done all this and still does not work, raise ticketed support with ASUS and let them decide what to do.

PS: In the first video you were not hitting the key required to enter the bios. Not sure if your still doing this.

Oops, I was pressing a key to enter the bios, did you watch the whole video? At 4:00 (I know it's a long video, the new one is short and to the point) I press a num lock key to show that it is not locked and the keyboard responds by turning on and off the num lock led. Then press the F2 key.

I've tested 3 bios, 7704, 7901 and 8003 these are the last 3. I always clear CMOS by the button behind the motherboard before switching bios and even when trying to get nvme working.
The new video is shorter, 2 minutes just showing the bios entering without nvme and configured as you instructed and when it's with nvme docked the bios doesn't open.
Is it possible that Crosshair VI Hero came defective? I bought and never tested a vme, too bad if I knew this while under warranty! I was looking forward to having more space fast.