cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus B450-I won't accept PSU (SF600)

BlackSusano58
Level 7
Hello Guys,
i have a big Problem with my new PSU. I bought 3-4 Months ago a Corsair SF600 Platinum and my PC won't booted. Asus Bios Logo came and then after it will automatically shutdown. So i sent it back to. After that, i thought, it would be a PSU problem and i bought a Seasonic SGX 500W and everything works, but after buying a new GPU, i needed a new PSU and i bought a Corsair SF600 Platinum too (the second time) and got the same Problem. After that i contacted my seller and he sent me a new SF600, but then i got the same Issue. No one can tell me, that this is a PSU Problem, when 3 new Corsair SF600 won't boot. There are strange things going on.

I don't understand, why it wont accept the SF600.

My System:
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
32GB Crucial Ballistix 3000Mhz Ram
Arctic Liquid Freezer 240
ASUS B450-I Strix
AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
Seasonic SGX-500 (Works) and tried 3 different Corsair SF600 Platinums.

I tried to boot without GPU too (Disconnecting), only to see, if it will boot and won't shutdown, but it automatically shutdowns.

Sometimes the Bios Screen won't come, only PC boots, Keyboard RGB works and then the RGB turns off and the whole PC shutdowns.
5 REPLIES 5

SmokeyKilla
Level 8
Seems to be a common problem with these PSU's https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/a0cpj1/failed_sf600_platinum/ are you using the standard modular power cables, that came with the unit?

SmokeyKilla wrote:
Seems to be a common problem with these PSU's https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/a0cpj1/failed_sf600_platinum/ are you using the standard modular power cables, that came with the unit?

Yes, it's the same Cables modular cables, that came with the unit.

wyliec2 wrote:
Hmmm....is this for real....trying to run a 3950X and RX 6800XT on 500-600 watt PSUs...????

Seems about 300 watts short of recommendations!

What's the problem? I don't use PBO on the CPU + Undervolted and my GPU runs only with 200W Power Limit. I never got a Problem with this Configuration.
I can run on Stock too, but i don't have any problems.

BlackSusano58 wrote:
Yes, it's the same Cables modular cables, that came with the unit.

What's the problem? I don't use PBO on the CPU + Undervolted and my GPU runs only with 200W Power Limit. I never got a Problem with this Configuration.
I can run on Stock too, but i don't have any problems.

RX 6800 XT PSU recommendations are generally 750 watts although I have seen some at 850 watts.

I've had a 3950X with a very minimal GPU and at default settings without PBO the PC would draw over 200 watts (measured with kill-a-watt meter) from the plug.

Hypothetically, your configuration might work as long as there is no spike driving the platform to normal operating parameters.

For a high-end CPU and GPU such as you have, configurations typically have at least a quality 700-750 watt PSU.

I now have a 5950X and 3080 TI and running Aida64 exercising both CPU and GPU it's the meter reads over 700 watts from the outlet.

Anyway, it's your rig and I hope you get it working reliably. I have never seen anything remotely similar to your configuration.

wyliec2 wrote:
RX 6800 XT PSU recommendations are generally 750 watts although I have seen some at 850 watts.

I've had a 3950X with a very minimal GPU and at default settings without PBO the PC would draw over 200 watts (measured with kill-a-watt meter) from the plug.

Hypothetically, your configuration might work as long as there is no spike driving the platform to normal operating parameters.

For a high-end CPU and GPU such as you have, configurations typically have at least a quality 700-750 watt PSU.

I now have a 5950X and 3080 TI and running Aida64 exercising both CPU and GPU it's the meter reads over 700 watts from the outlet.

Anyway, it's your rig and I hope you get it working reliably. I have never seen anything remotely similar to your configuration.

I never let run my Configs on Standard. Mostly with 5-6% lower Performance u can get much lower Power Consumption. My old 2070 was running with 120-125W.

I would recommend you to Undervolt your Ampere Graphics Card too. Ampere is a Energy Monster and it isn't a efficient Architechtur.

The only good Thing is, that you can Undervolt and save good Power with Nvidia Cards much easier, then AMD Cards, because with lowering the Voltage, it not automatically goes with the Power Consumption down.

You need always to set a Powerlimit or it will automatically run in PL. You can run easy a 6800XT + 3950X in Stock. For that a good 500W is okey, but 650W would be better. Looks like, i need to go with the sgx 650w and no sf600.

@PSU Recommendations - You should not look mostly for that, because that's for bad PSU's.

wyliec2
Level 7
BlackSusano58 wrote:

I don't understand, why it wont accept the SF600.

My System:
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
32GB Crucial Ballistix 3000Mhz Ram
Arctic Liquid Freezer 240
ASUS B450-I Strix
AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
Seasonic SGX-500 (Works) and tried 3 different Corsair SF600 Platinums.

I tried to boot without GPU too (Disconnecting), only to see, if it will boot and won't shutdown, but it automatically shutdowns.

Sometimes the Bios Screen won't come, only PC boots, Keyboard RGB works and then the RGB turns off and the whole PC shutdowns.

Hmmm....is this for real....trying to run a 3950X and RX 6800XT on 500-600 watt PSUs...????

Seems about 300 watts short of recommendations!