cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking if memory kits can be qualified for the Dark Hero...How to?

transdogmifier
Level 8
Who do I talk to about getting a memory kit qualified? Currently running some Corsair DDR4 at 3800 (1.375v) instead of 4000 (1.35v)...I can't even get the motherboard to post properly if I try 4000 even at 1.4v ...
5 REPLIES 5

thomas_yiu
Level 9
Hello,

What model# is the memory kit and we can see if we can qualify it? You can also ask Corsair as well if it is compatible.

Thank you.
It appears you found a memory frequency that posts.

Thomas
Sincerely,
TY

xeromist
Qualification doesn't make a memory kit work any better. It's a cheat sheet for customers to know what to buy that will have a reasonable chance of working as advertised.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Yes and no.

If they qualify it, they've tested the same kit (part number wise) ...making it more likely that my part will work at advertised settings.

I know how the electronics industry works after 20+ years in it, but thank you

BigJohnny
Level 13
Like Xeromist said Its no guarantee from one kit to the next or one platform or one sku off on a CPU. I have 3600 CL18 that runs at XMP fine but change one thing and its fails to post. Have another qualified kit of 3800 CL19 that wont run past 3600 CL18. Now if I turn XMP off and do it all manually I can get both to do fairly decent but not phenomenal OCs. Right now I have the 3600 CL18 in doing 3800 CL16. But it took all manual timings XMP disabled and digging deep into the tertiary timings and probably a month of tinkering, not for the meek.

Biggest thing is dont mix sticks. Buy an entire kit of what you intend to run.

I finally got my RAM to post at 4000 MHz after using manual timings and setting the CPU to Auto and using PBO along with Curve Optimizer. Before doing PBO with Curve Optimizer, the RAM would not POST above 3800 MHz with manual timings. Also after doing the Curve Optimizer and changing the CPU to anything other than Auto, the system would not POST again.

I used DRAM Calculator for Ryzen to get the manual timings and voltages to use. I used the 3800 MHz timings and a 1.40 DRAM Voltage to finally get it to POST at 4000 MHz. One thing I did have to change is the first 4 timings to 16-16-16-32 instead of 15-15-15-30. My RAM is G.Skill (Samsung b-die chips) and are 2 same specced 2 x 8 GB kits for a total of 32 GB which made it POSTing even more surprising.

DRAM Calculator for Ryzen