cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we getting AGESA 1005 in Crosshair Vii hero?

Lynyrd
Level 7
Do you guys think they will take us on consideration? This is a premium board after all
17 REPLIES 17

RedSector73 wrote:
lol, Asus dont answer in these forums. If you wanted an answer you need to raise support ticket.

a good idea, we all raise a support ticket!
I will do it right now!

Change log for AGESA 1005

Rollup of 1004a, ab, abb, abba patches into a single release
Fixed a PCIe® lane configuration issue on the AMD Ryzen™ 3 PRO 2100GE
Resolved an intermittent virtual memory error with Realtek onboard LAN
Improved POST with select Micron DDR4-3200 memory ICs
Optimized PCIe® firmware to improve stability and interoperability

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/gafbd2/agesa_1005_community_update/

Can one of you point me to where this affects your current motherboard ?

UNIKO
Level 7
I Agree upgraded from X370 strix to x470 Crosshair VII because I thought I would get better Bios support ....well .... fool me once shame on me but you wont fool me twice. Next board Gigabyte !!!

BTW Asus support at one point was stellar now it has just gone down hill !!

arcanexvi
Level 9
Not gonna lie, my crosshair vi hero had better support at the ryzen 3000 launch than we are seeing here. it's abysmal to not have anything. throw some beta bioses our way

xeizo
Level 12
If Asus continues down this path and gain terrible reputation from Enthusiasts, the word will spread and they will lose a lot of sales. Maybe they don't care, I don't know, but that is what will happen. MSI, Gigabyte and Asrock are now all better choices.
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

liakou
Level 7
As you said, they actually don't care that much.
They gain enough for that, as they're deep within the monitor industry, router industrry, apart from GPU's, M/B's, laptops and smartphones.
So as long as they keep selling loads, even if they lose me and you from not buying a motherboard, they will not rush to get any better on that department, unfortunately.

I don't understand Asus, such bad support is spread so fast and worldwide by the social networks (Twitter, Twitch, forums, YouTube...). We buy a GAIMING !Premium! Board and don't get a reasonable Bios Support, that's just not acceptable! We are talking about a company that has a turnover of about 10 billion US dollars and there is only one developer responsible for it! Here Asus should have hired someone immediately and improved its internal processes!
We've been waiting several weeks/months for the update to AGESA 1.0.0.3xx on CH7 and now we're waiting again, that's just not acceptable. I will definitely not buy an Asus board anymore and will also avoid other Asus products.

I would like to switch to an X570 board right now, but unfortunately the board will be old again by the end of the year when Ryzen 4000 with the 600 chipsets is released.

Stigliz81 wrote:
I don't understand Asus, such bad support is spread so fast and worldwide by the social networks (Twitter, Twitch, forums, YouTube...). We buy a GAIMING !Premium! Board and don't get a reasonable Bios Support, that's just not acceptable! We are talking about a company that has a turnover of about 10 billion US dollars and there is only one developer responsible for it! Here Asus should have hired someone immediately and improved its internal processes!
We've been waiting several weeks/months for the update to AGESA 1.0.0.3xx on CH7 and now we're waiting again, that's just not acceptable. I will definitely not buy an Asus board anymore and will also avoid other Asus products.

I would like to switch to an X570 board right now, but unfortunately the board will be old again by the end of the year when Ryzen 4000 with the 600 chipsets is released.

Yeah i am also waiting for a 600 series chipset. I planning on buying RDNA2 GPU and i think PCIe 4.0 is a must for that GPU. My Ryzen 9 3950x still feels it not properly support by 3004 bios. Because PBO is still broken on C7H.