cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone running Gskill F4-3600C14Q-32GTZNB on a X570 Dark Hero?

mdzcpa
Level 12
My itch to complete a new build and tinker with the latest AMD offerings has taken over. Despite my concerns with reports about WHEA errors and Ryzen 5000 RMA adventures, I took the plunge. After a few weeks of searching for parts I finally acquired a 5900X and CH8 Dark Hero.

I also did something perhaps unwise. I picked up the F4-3600C14Q-32GTZNB RAM kit thinking it would run at the 3600mhz sweet spot at low CAS 14 more common to the 3200 kits. Trying for the best of both worlds. I checked out Gskill QVL and the Dark Hero is there. I then noticed this ram is NOT on the Asus QVL for the mobo. I broke my golden rule and ordered it anyway based on Gskill QVL and commentary in their forum.

Has anyone else tried this ram on the Dark Hero with a 5000 series Ryzen?? I'm thinking I should have settled for the CAS 16 that was on both QVLs. Before I crack open the package I thought any input would be great.

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

That kit shouldn't be an issue. GSKILL hand binning is worth the investment if looking for best chance of compatibility as the there's normally plenty of guard band in place.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Escorpiom
Level 9
It will run. Those are single rank x 4, so you'll probably have no issues getting it to run at the advertised speeds.
High density modules is another story. I have got the G.Skill 64GB kit (4x16GB dual rank) and that doesn't do any higher than 3000Mhz.

Cheers.

Bleeder
Level 7
Currently running that exact memory kit with the Dark Hero (BIOS 3003) and a 3900XT with zero issues. The only problem I had was DOCP wouldn't work. I had to run the "DRAM Calculator" by 1usmus and manually configure the memory in the BIOS to get them to run at DDR4-3600 14-15-15.

Thank you for the replies!! I am going to try to get this kit up and running this weekend.

I am updating my thread to report this memory worked out great. Runs perfect at DOCP settings from the first boot. 3600 CAS 14, nice!