cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have mouse/keyboard issues w/ Crosshair VI Hero? Other questions too - thanks

arronjgreen
Level 7
Have a few troubleshooting questions for you guys. This build has been a nightmare so far. First, my network had some crazy situation where it was hacked and essentially took me offline for around 2 months while I found a solution - anyway, my May build is finally secure enough to start asking for some help on general questions related to the Crosshair VI Hero and Ryzen cpu.

My build "appears" to be stable, can pass stress testing. Running a 2700 non-x Ryzen at 3.8 ghz, kept very cool and not stressed much. Ram is running at 3400mhz, samsung b Patriot Viper Extreme 3600mhz. Multiple hdd's, 1060 6gb gpu....

Some questions -

Can anyone direct me to a resource that details what the AMD CBS settings mean? I have aggressively tried googling and have yet to discover a guide that actually details what these mean and do. Even googling them individually doesn't turn up much. I'm sure someone has put together a complete bios guide for the board, but I just can't find it.

Does anyone know if there are issues with mouse/keyboard on this cpu or mb? I've tried several different "mice" and kb's and they all have a lag in addition to jumpy performance. Even in non-gaming applications - sometimes it is so bad I can't get through to do basic OS CMD's - even in the BIOS. I've tried everything I could find to fix it but nothing has worked. This includes wired and wireless mice/kb's.

Also having stability issues with graphics card. I would think that this setup should run just about anything I throw at it. Games do look amazing, and I can max some out to 4k resolutions, but if I try to watch a 4k Bluray, using most media players it is unwatchable. If I import it through Kodi, it will play, but the resolution is cut. Any idea how to fix this?

I've ran benchmarks on the build and it rates extremely high, seems stable, but I know I am missing something. Any help is appreciated - especially on definitions of the advanced bios settings. Mouse issue is driving me insane too.

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

syldon
Level 9
arronjgreen wrote:

Can anyone direct me to a resource that details what the AMD CBS settings mean? I have aggressively tried googling and have yet to discover a guide that actually details what these mean and do. Even googling them individually doesn't turn up much. I'm sure someone has put together a complete bios guide for the board, but I just can't find it.

CBS settings are the boards default settings for when it cant train from memory settings. Applying some settings in there will cause the system to apply them even when it fails memory training. You can reset the board to defaults via the reset button on the back of the board (or simply remove the battery for a few mins).
I don't think there is a resource that tells you each one individually. You are better off googling each option one by one. Or ask about the ones you cannot find.

arronjgreen wrote:
Does anyone know if there are issues with mouse/keyboard on this cpu or mb? I've tried several different "mice" and kb's and they all have a lag in addition to jumpy performance. Even in non-gaming applications - sometimes it is so bad I can't get through to do basic OS CMD's - even in the BIOS. I've tried everything I could find to fix it but nothing has worked. This includes wired and wireless mice/kb's.

You can get issues with USB devices if voltages are wrong. Grab a copy of HWinfo and drop a screen dump of your system at full load. Either use AIda64 or IBT to stress your system.

arronjgreen wrote:

Also having stability issues with graphics card. I would think that this setup should run just about anything I throw at it. Games do look amazing, and I can max some out to 4k resolutions, but if I try to watch a 4k Bluray, using most media players it is unwatchable. If I import it through Kodi, it will play, but the resolution is cut. Any idea how to fix this?

I've ran benchmarks on the build and it rates extremely high, seems stable, but I know I am missing something. Any help is appreciated - especially on definitions of the advanced bios settings. Mouse issue is driving me insane too.

Thanks!

This could also be a voltage issue.

For extra help you will find here more active.

syldon wrote:
CBS settings are the boards default settings for when it cant train from memory settings. Applying some settings in there will cause the system to apply them even when it fails memory training. You can reset the board to defaults via the reset button on the back of the board (or simply remove the battery for a few mins).
I don't think there is a resource that tells you each one individually. You are better off googling each option one by one. Or ask about the ones you cannot find.

You can get issues with USB devices if voltages are wrong. Grab a copy of HWinfo and drop a screen dump of your system at full load. Either use AIda64 or IBT to stress your system.

This could also be a voltage issue.

For extra help you will find here more active.

Thank you - I will take a screenshot tonight when I have time and submit it - I appreciate your help.