cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any AMD x570 Motherboards WITHOUT USB or other issues? (5900X CPU)

Aoilemon
Level 7
I'm wondering if ANY x570 motherboards are without the common USB issues etc that seem to be caused by poor AMD drivers.

I'd like to build a base something like:
x570 MB
5900X CPU
G.Skill 3600 32GB ram
PCIE 4 M.2 Drive

But if most or all MBs are flaking out because of poor AMD drivers, then I should just give up.
4 REPLIES 4

RedSector73
Level 12
Aoilemon wrote:
I'm wondering if ANY x570 motherboards are without the common USB issues etc that seem to be caused by poor AMD drivers.

x570 MB
5900X CPU
G.Skill 3600 32GB ram
PCIE 4 M.2 Drive

But if most or all MBs are flaking out because of poor AMD drivers, then I should just give up.

What is actual issue your having ?
Also not wise to assume we all have issue, we don't.
I also wonder about how your arrive at the location of the issue, is this based on where some fixes have come from in the past or been reported to stem from or do you have data showing this as the causation for your system and just not shared it or your system specifications ?

splash90
Level 7
Aoilemon wrote:

x570 MB
5900X CPU
G.Skill 3600 32GB ram
PCIE 4 M.2 Drive

Mine is a ROG Strix X570F + 5900X + 64 Gb 3200 and I don't detect any USB issues. I'm currently using 11 USB ports.

splash90 wrote:
Mine is a ROG Strix X570F + 5900X + 64 Gb 3200 and I don't detect any USB issues. I'm currently using 11 USB ports.

Same here. It's kind of crazy to me that so many folks are having issues. I went through 4 x570 boards without issues at all. x570 Prime, x570 Crosshair Impact, x570 Strix-i and now x570 Crosshair Dark Hero, all of these boards had 3900x, 3900xt and a few different 5950x cpus installed. None of the boards showed any issues with any of my usb devices.

Are you absolutely sure it's not your usb device thats screwed up in this case?

Thanks for your reply.

I heard AMD Chipset drivers and Firmware integration was rather flakey on the X570 platform and that MB's like MSI were facing issues with Audio and USB due to this.
I presumed since it was an AMD thing, that it likely impacted other MB maker boards as well.