cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying Taskmanager Bug

IonstormEU
Level 7
Hi Guys;

I've reinstalled and allsorts, but ever since changing to the CH6 and Ryzen 1700 I've got a really annoying issue.

I'm running a proper legit version of Windows 10, no Virus etc, nothing.

The computer randomly freezes, I generally require a reboot to fix it.

Alternatively, most of the time I open task manager (even with nothing else opened) it causes huge PC lag, the mouse will scatter across the screen in a delayed manner, it's as if the CPU is at 100%, but it's not.

I've tried this on stock clocks and overclock adn still the same!

Any ideas?

It's Not Malware/Root etc, Happens from a fresh install of Windows 10. It's entirely random and incredibly annoying.
6 REPLIES 6

Korth
Level 14
Check for malware. And rootkits.

What do the crashlogs say? The last (failed) process or the last (successful) process which preceded it? If it's always the same thing then a software issue which can be fixed by reinstalling or reconfiguring something. What are your system temps when these crashes occur?

You say these crashes are random but is there any way you can reproduce them on demand? If so, the cause can be isolated.

The crashes still occur when running everything at default settings and stock clocks/volts?

If your mobo has a POST/Q-CODE display then what values are shown? Could be a hardware issue, might be able to correct by reseating RAM or PCIe card(s).

Without specific knowledge of your system specs we can't offer specific solutions for your hardware/software issues.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Do you have a discrete graphics card? If so, try the integrated chip graphics.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

IonstormEU
Level 7
There is no crash log it just stutters the entire PC, Gaming is flawless, entirely, however if anything is being a pain, or I want to open taskmanager to see CPU usage then Boom!, It's that much of an old issue (which is reallystarting to test me) that I've got Rainmeter installed with a CPU usage meter and temp bar on the desktop on my 3rd screen.

It's not an issue where GPU is 100% (not that it would be opening taskmanager) and opening Taskmanager, I've already tried opening Taskmanager with a Kombustor Stress test and 1080p benchmark and there's no lag.

As i said, no malware, no root, nothing. Happens on a clean install of windows 10, even before installing any other drive, after installing drivers.

And I'm talking Official Microsoft App made USB Install, HDD Wipe, Even unplugged all the others so only my windows SSD is plugged in.

If your mobo has a POST/Q-CODE display then what values are shown? Could be a hardware issue, might be able to correct by reseating RAM or PCIe card(s).
- The only PCI Device I've got is a GTX 970 and a Soundblaster Z, which is new so it's not that card's fault (although it's a awful soundcard gotta say). I cleaned my PC last week, took every single card out, redid the thermal compound (it's been a year and im picky) on both my CPU and GPU, air dusted everything even hand wiped the cables, it's not a seating issue, it's something I've not seen in 20+ years of building PC's or owning one.

"try the integrated chip graphics"
- You're a "ROG Guru: Orange Belt" but you don't know Gen1 Ryzen's don't have IGPU..

chevell65
Level 12
You aren't the only one with this problem. Maybe some of the solutions in the following thread might help you to solve the issue. 🙂
https://community.amd.com/thread/215663

chevell65 wrote:
You aren't the only one with this problem. Maybe some of the solutions in the following thread might help you to solve the issue. 🙂

Thanks bro, I'll take a look now.

chevell65 wrote:

Thanks for that link, Amazon is taking my 1700 back and gaving me a full refund so I've ordered a 2700X replacement, it also gives me £10 cash back too off the original cost! Bonus!