cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD chipset drivers 18.50.16 not found

Sybertrone
Level 7
Hi, I just came across the Asus website and it shows that it has an update for my Crosshair VII hero motherboard
"Version 2008 2019/03/1410.23 MBytes

ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO BIOS 2008
Update AGESA 0070 for the upcoming processors and improve CPU compatibility.
ASUS strongly recommends installing AMD chipset driver 18.50.16 or later before updating BIOS."

There is this recommendation above to update to the latest chipset drivers(18.50.16 or above). However i am not able to locate these on asus and amd site.
all i see is 18.40.02 and 18.10.1810.

Some help here please.

Thanks
28 REPLIES 28

XxTripleBeamxX
Level 7
Will this work on CH6 Hero? Wanting to update to the latest BIOS but of course Asus doesn't have the latest chipset available to download for the CH6 Hero

XxTripleBeamxX wrote:
Will this work on CH6 Hero? Wanting to update to the latest BIOS but of course Asus doesn't have the latest chipset available to download for the CH6 Hero

I would wait. The latest AGESA update BIOS for the X470-F did not allow for PBO to work properly on the 2700X when selecting different Performance Enhancer modes, including Auto from the BIOS. PBO could only be adjusted from Ryzen Master, which resets upon reboot. I was getting 4.0GHz with new BIOS compared to 4.25GHz with one prior to AGESA update. Even worse, the USB and online BIOS flash utilities were unable to roll back, so other methods were needed to roll back. I am making assumptions here about BIOSes sharing the same features I didn't care for, so maybe at least wait until others try it first.
X470-F, 2700X, 5700 XT Nitro+, 970 EVO, LanCool 2 Mesh Performance, H115i Pro, 16GB3000C14, TT650W Gold

XxTripleBeamxX
Level 7
I downloaded the updated chipset driver for the Prime X370 Pro which was posted on the first page. Installed it on my CH6 Hero than updated to the new BIOS. Everything worked fine and haven't had any issues so far. Will update if things change.

SaLSouL
Level 10
Just released today C6E chipset driver version 18.50.16.01 :https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-EXTREME/HelpDesk_Download/

Now we wait for the DYMO label creator to spin round to E from H, clockwise so the BIOS for C6E can be released....:P #ShouldHaveGoneAntiClockwise #DYMO4EVA #HtoECloserAntiClockwise

Falck
Level 10
After downloading these drivers and looking through ini's, these "Asus" drivers are the same as what AMD officially has released in october 2018 (18.10.1810).
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x370

purecain
Level 9
after updating to the last 3 asus bios, I have had nothing but trouble. And whats with the fan headers not working properly. its taken me days to get my pc so that it doesnt constantly ramp up and down, which it still does when in the bios.

its a complete nightmare, i'll be returning my board and reassure asus I will never use them again. Be warned people. the 6903 bios is a complete mess and does not function correctly on CHVI.

my pc is far slower and is now unreliable. I am yet to figure out why it is running my 2700x at 50degrees!!!! idle
AsusCrosshairHeroVIII - 5950X
32Gb G.Skill RGB Trident 16gb3466Mhz B-Die + 16gb4266Mhz B-Die
Asus Tuf RTX3090
1TbSamsung960EVO M.2 1TbSamsung850EVO SSD Seagate2TB/3Tb CorsairForceGt 64gb
Seasonic Focus1000w 80+ Gold
Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered glass side panal

telferg
Level 7
PureCain,

I am experiencing similar issues with the new AMD chipset and update to BIOS 2103 on my Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero.

I have a Ryzen 2700X installed with AIO Cooler (H100i V2)

Temperatures on the CPU cores are idling between 37 degrees and 53 degrees. Temperatures continually spikes every 10-15 seconds which in turn ramps the pump speed up on the AIO Cooler.

Not sure what the cause is, as I installed both at once, but going to try and fault find both the BIOS and AMD chipset over the weekend. (Revert one back, monitor, revert other, monitor again etc)

Anyone else having similar issues?

No real issues with PC performance but not able to find any changelogs for the chipsets to try and source what changes could cause these errors.

aaraujo
Level 7
I am observing similar issues on my X470-I with 2008 BIOS. I am using a fixed multiplier, so I do not have problems at idle. However while stress testing under AIDA64 I observe temperature spikes every few seconds, which makes the fans go up and down.

aaraujo
Level 7
The solution for the fans spinning up and down constantly, is to increase the FAN smoothing UP/DOWN TIME. I have mine set to 3.8 sec, and it works perfectly.