cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD chipset drivers 18.50.16 not found

Sybertrone
Level 7
Hi, I just came across the Asus website and it shows that it has an update for my Crosshair VII hero motherboard
"Version 2008 2019/03/1410.23 MBytes

ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO BIOS 2008
Update AGESA 0070 for the upcoming processors and improve CPU compatibility.
ASUS strongly recommends installing AMD chipset driver 18.50.16 or later before updating BIOS."

There is this recommendation above to update to the latest chipset drivers(18.50.16 or above). However i am not able to locate these on asus and amd site.
all i see is 18.40.02 and 18.10.1810.

Some help here please.

Thanks
28 REPLIES 28

aaraujo wrote:
Actually this is the correct link:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/03CHIPSET/AM4_18.50.16.01_WHQL_RS5_DCHU.zip

It was found here:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-X370-PRO/HelpDesk_Download/

This appears to be the same driver as on the X470-F support page, which when run and Custom Installation is clicked all drivers are shown to be up to date when hovering each specific driver before installation; there does not appear to be any update since the previous chipset driver.
X470-F, 2700X, 5700 XT Nitro+, 970 EVO, LanCool 2 Mesh Performance, H115i Pro, 16GB3000C14, TT650W Gold

Plan3tCrack3r wrote:
This appears to be the same driver as on the X470-F support page, which when run and Custom Installation is clicked all drivers are shown to be up to date when hovering each specific driver before installation; there does not appear to be any update since the previous chipset driver.

Let me ask my friend. I send the driver these morning and ask. asince the bios says NEED THAT driver
Learn, Play Enjoy!

AlexB121
Level 7
Is this all the same for that Asus Crosshair Vi hero WiFi and Asus Crosshair Vi Extreme ? i see ur link comes from prime not corsshair

aaraujo
Level 7
All motherboards with AMD B350 X370 B450 and X470 chips require these very same drivers.
I installed those drivers found on the PRIME X370-PRO webpage on my ROG STRIX X470-I and they work perfectly fine.

aaraujo wrote:
All motherboards with AMD B350 X370 B450 and X470 chips require these very same drivers.
I installed those drivers found on the PRIME X370-PRO webpage on my ROG STRIX X470-I and they work perfectly fine.

I will keep the on my library since is not available on the motherboard website and is important that anyone who install the new bios, have to install these.

Thanks aaraujo
Learn, Play Enjoy!

aaraujo wrote:

is this your own opinion or do you have an official source stating this?
Please provide the original source of this information

SaLSouL wrote:
is this your own opinion or do you have an official source stating this?
Please provide the original source of this information

Makes sense because when u download from amd they dont ask what board u use .....

AlexB121
Level 7
Thanks just installed and no issues when i get home ill do the Extreme

AlexB121
Level 7
Did it on extreme and no issues good to go

AlexB121 wrote:
Did it on extreme and no issues good to go

why install it on the CHVIE when there is NO BIOS update available yet..