cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.7 for Crosshair 7 Hero

DJ_Asthma
Level 8
Just noticed this bios patch negates the boost clocks on a 5800x3d, and with AM5 out, I hope the BIOS team sees this and can fix it before letting go of AM4 development. Anyone else also expiriencing the same issue?
4 REPLIES 4

IntelliTour
Level 7

DJ_Asthma
Level 8
Unfortunately it's not that, I am referring to performance within spec (stock boosting profiles) , about 100mhz off all core boost under load when comparing 1.2.0.6b vs 1.2.0.7. Not sure if the AGESA revision specifically caused the issue, or if it's the ftpm fix which came with this release, I just hope Asus can fix it with a subsequent bios release and not abandon the platform now that am5 has dropped.

DJ Asthma wrote:
Unfortunately it's not that, I am referring to performance within spec (stock boosting profiles) , about 100mhz off all core boost under load when comparing 1.2.0.6b vs 1.2.0.7. Not sure if the AGESA revision specifically caused the issue, or if it's the ftpm fix which came with this release, I just hope Asus can fix it with a subsequent bios release and not abandon the platform now that am5 has dropped.

Did you change the default EDC using the PBO settings in BIOS ? If so, that's it. Otherwise, maybe thermals ?

DJ_Asthma
Level 8
Thanks for the reply, but it's bit thermals, due to it hitting 80 degrees in cinebench r23 with both AGESA releases, with the newest one being 100mhz lower, stock settings. This is why I said I am not sure what about the bios specifically has done it, but somewhere inside it nerfs it a little 🤣🤣🤣🤣