cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All RGB leds stopped working

MrPhil17
Level 7
Hello everyone! Today my Crosshair have decided to keep off all RGB LEDs. Yesterday night i installed Aura for see some effects, and everything worked flawlessly, then i turned off the pc, turned off my power strip as always, but this morning when i turn on my pc the only led that works are the check leds. I tried to reset bios, downgrade from 1002 to 902 and upgrade again, disable and enable LED settings in bios, reinstall Aura program but anything worked. My LED stripe work if i connect it with my NZXT controller. What do i do? RMA?:(
277 REPLIES 277

BaneSilvermoon wrote:
Even color calibrating the header they are plugged into doesn't bring them on?

Oh hang on, I thought this thread was about the lights on the motherboard itself? The ones on the SB HS and the IO shield?

It's those that have gone off for me, I don't have any RGB strips in yet.

Spec-Chum wrote:
Oh hang on, I thought this thread was about the lights on the motherboard itself? The ones on the SB HS and the IO shield?

RGB LEDs are on the board as well as the led headers, so i think you made nothing wrong xD.

Giga522 wrote:
RGB LEDs are on the board as well as the led headers, so i think you made nothing wrong xD.

Yep, the on board lights behave the same way for me. Opening the header calibration brings those back on for me as well, which is part of the reason I believe this to likely be software related.

On a side note, I've just started my machine back up and this time all of my lighting came on without any intervention on my part, so it's somewhat intermittent. There is a difference however, in that the Aura lights on my GPU are out of sync with all of the other lights.

Though I suppose this may normally be the case as well, as my GPU lights ALWAYS turn on (out of sync with the normal pattern), even when the rest of the lights do not come on at all.

Spec-Chum wrote:

Yep, all RGB leds, motherboard and stripes.

Anyway I've asked an exchange to Amazon because looks like a controller is broken on my C6H since none of your suggestions worked for me. 😕

MrPhil17 wrote:
Yep, all RGB leds, motherboard and stripes.

Anyway I've asked an exchange to Amazon because looks like a controller is broken on my C6H since none of your suggestions worked for me. 😕

i also was not able to get the lights back, but i wait for a newer Aura Software. If it does not help, i have to do the same.

Giga522 wrote:
i also was not able to geht the lights back, but i wait for a newer Aura Software. If it does not help, i have to do the same.

I tried even the*Aura V1.04.29 (On C6H's support page is available V1.04.26) for MAXIMUS IX FORMULA because is a newer version, but still doesn't work...

MrPhil17 wrote:
I tried even the*Aura V1.04.29 (On C6H's support page is available V1.04.26) for MAXIMUS IX FORMULA because is a newer version, but still doesn't work...

This version does not fix anything, it only adds new devices. So it is technically the same software.
If Aura could destroy the controller has asus to comment on that, as well as the bios, which bricked the mb.*
I do not believe on a failure, because why has it worked until i shut off the pc. Failure would be lights are on, while pc is running, lights stop working and go never on again *

Giga522 wrote:
This version does not fix anything, it only adds new devices. So it is technically the same software.
If Aura could destroy the controller has asus to comment on that, as well as the bios, which bricked the mb.*
I do not believe on a failure, because why has it worked until i shut off the pc. Failure would be lights are on, while pc is running, lights stop working and go never on again *

When you flash a BIOS, until you reboot/shutdown>power up you are using the old bios loaded on RAM, so what happen to me is basically the same. I've used AURA and after powering up the PC nothing worked.*I really suspect a brick/some stuff broken on my board for this reason. Hope you can understand what i mean with this example.

MrPhil17 wrote:
When you flash a BIOS, until you reboot/shutdown>power up you are using the old bios loaded on RAM, so what happen to me is basically the same. I've used AURA and after powering up the PC nothing worked.*I really suspect a brick/some stuff broken on my board for this reason. Hope you can understand what i mean with this example.

i will try today with a clean test partition of Windows to reactivate it

Giga522 wrote:
i will try today with a clean test partition of Windows to reactivate it

Keep us updated! Fingers crossed!