cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All RGB leds stopped working

MrPhil17
Level 7
Hello everyone! Today my Crosshair have decided to keep off all RGB LEDs. Yesterday night i installed Aura for see some effects, and everything worked flawlessly, then i turned off the pc, turned off my power strip as always, but this morning when i turn on my pc the only led that works are the check leds. I tried to reset bios, downgrade from 1002 to 902 and upgrade again, disable and enable LED settings in bios, reinstall Aura program but anything worked. My LED stripe work if i connect it with my NZXT controller. What do i do? RMA?:(
277 REPLIES 277

It happens to me when doing certain things with bios updates or randomly. All I do to fix it is switch the top On/Off switch from on to off, then back on, set color and apply it to all.

Hey guys

Same sit as you.
I have tried everything from bios flashes, power off /unplugged without cmos battery
All sorts of fixes ive read and still dead

Tho my board is prime pro x370

Aura was working well and I liked the thermal based colouring. I was using a single stick of hyperx.. for testing my new ryzen..

It all went to ship.. when i installed my new corsair ram. LED vengeance type
The leds on the ram must have had something to do with this.

toxsickcity wrote:
Hey guys

Same sit as you.
I have tried everything from bios flashes, power off /unplugged without cmos battery

Aura was working well and I liked the thermal based colouring. I was using a single stick of hyperx.. for testing my new ryzen..

I have also Corsair Vengeance LED and it worked for me since I used the rgb header. It worked until I have shutdown the pc. There is something really buggy. Aura Board + aura program

I wad using the pin header connection for the boxed ryzen fan.

I find it funny that the 4 pin header only had 3 pins used rgb
No voltage/gnd wire

It must use the ground/volt from fans supply and only run the rgb through the wire

I have stopped using for a while that cable..

I wonder if this might be part of the issue?

toxsickcity wrote:
Hey guys

Same sit as you.

I have the same ram, but everything worked well until i tried the Aura software. Hope it will be fixed soon (if possible, because i start to think about a hardware failure since i cannot "fix" it in any way like someone else did), or i'll return the motherboard to Amazon without become mad.

MrPhil17 wrote:
I have the same ram, but everything worked well until i tried the Aura software. Hope it will be fixed soon (if possible, because i start to think about a hardware failure since i cannot "fix" it in any way like someone else did), or i'll return the motherboard to Amazon without become mad.

Hopefully no hardware failure, because a lot of people have this problem. I also was not able to fix it.( flash, reset, battery removed, aura install/deinstall with reboots and folder clean) would be very disappointing.

Mine do the same thing for various reasons. The first time it happened they all shut off and wouldn't come back on even after restarting. Thought the LEDs were fried or something. Most often one or two sticks will randomly shut off. Every time I have to go into the "Trident Z RGB Beta" software and turn off, then turn back on the LEDs. Works for me every time.

Even today my Kraken x62 light shut off when the batter backup kicked in from a power outage. I was able to get it back on with the software.

Edit: Whoops. Thought this was the Trident RGB thread*

Mines doing this every time I shut down now. Opening the RGB header calibration in the Aura software then brings them back on. Don't even have to calibrate, just start it and then cancel out. Then the next time I shut down and later power back up it has to be done again.

My video cards RGB works all the time. It's just the rest of the lights that are plugged into the RGB header.

Add me to this list too 😞

Worked fine on 1001 then updated 1002 and no RGB lights since.

Tried all buttons and options in Aura and BIOS.

Spec-Chum wrote:
Add me to this list too 😞

Worked fine on 1001 then updated 1002 and no RGB lights since.

Tried all buttons and options in Aura and BIOS.

Even color calibrating the header they are plugged into doesn't bring them on?