cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All RGB leds stopped working

MrPhil17
Level 7
Hello everyone! Today my Crosshair have decided to keep off all RGB LEDs. Yesterday night i installed Aura for see some effects, and everything worked flawlessly, then i turned off the pc, turned off my power strip as always, but this morning when i turn on my pc the only led that works are the check leds. I tried to reset bios, downgrade from 1002 to 902 and upgrade again, disable and enable LED settings in bios, reinstall Aura program but anything worked. My LED stripe work if i connect it with my NZXT controller. What do i do? RMA?:(
277 REPLIES 277

entropic-remnants wrote:
Fair enough -- but for every sarcastic and funny post I do, there are seriously angry people (which I'm not) out there and they are getting even more torqued. I don't know how you guys got yourselves into this situation, but I hope you get out of it -- and fix my board too, lol.

There will be a workaround. Once it's ready, Elmor will post it.

FredFlint
Level 9
I will be amazed if the lights on mine come back, I think they are dead and gone. At some point I am going to have to pull the PC apart and RMA the thing.

Raja
Level 13
Its likely EC corruption, which should be 'reversable' with a reflash. Just a matter of Elmor getting time to compile a tool to do it.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Its likely EC corruption, which should be 'reversable' with a reflash. Just a matter of Elmor getting time to compile a tool to do it.

Come on @elmor , You can do it! (please read it with a Rob Snider in an Adam Sandler movie voice)

For me Aura works but it will not stop even when I shutdown my PC [in bios 1201 it is set to off when PC is in sleep/off state].

Monochrome wrote:
For me Aura works but it will not stop even when I shutdown my PC [in bios 1201 it is set to off when PC is in sleep/off state].

I had same issue with 1201 and if enable Erp s4+s5 or only s5 motherboard leds no lights up at all, then upgrade to 1401 and made the following changes to fix it:

BIOS Path: Advance > Onboard Devices Confguration > RGB Led Lighting
Led Lighting = Enable
In sleep, Hibernate and soft off states = Off

If you have ErP enable proceed to Disable it.

It works smooth lights up with the pc on and turn it off when pc off as expected

Also many improvements in 1401 used for at least 1 week and huge step from 1201.

Raja@ASUS wrote:

Raja, please, have in mind, that the problem may be caused by AURA & other devices conflict\resource share\etc (such as Creative ZxR). You may see bug reports thread, if needed (pages 2-3). When AURA off - less problems with sound, but using BIOS, which is old now, however. Maybe, I should be angry, because my Obsidian 900 is not lit, but 4 me is more important, that the system is stable now. By the way! Creative devices often may be strange beasts indeed, I remember VIA PCI latency patch for SB Live.... (DTS is in another thread)

dAlexis wrote:
Raja, please, have in mind, that the problem may be caused by AURA & other devices conflict\resource share\etc (such as Creative ZxR). You may see bug reports thread, if needed (pages 2-3). When AURA off - less problems with sound, but using BIOS, which is old now, however. Maybe, I should be angry, because my Obsidian 900 is not lit, but 4 me is more important, that the system is stable now. By the way! Creative devices often may be strange beasts indeed, I remember VIA PCI latency patch for SB Live.... (DTS is in another thread)

Yes, we know it's likely a conflict.

So, is it safe to use the latest AURA program now, since my RGB's are working? Or do I still risk breaking them?

Good news!*
I have this information from overclock.net:

**Quote: Originally Posted by SpecChum View Post Anyone tried Aura V1.04.42? You may recall I had to RMA my board as the lights went out and never came back on, and I'd rather not do that again. Is the corruption (both on-board RGB and the G.Skill RGB RAM) fixed, do we know?

*The newest version of Aura re-lit my G. Skill ram, however my motherboard RGB is still out. I had a message from Elmor about an hour ago saying that he's working on a tool to bring the RGB back to life, so it's nice to know he's working on it. 'I'm working on a software for fixing the Aura lightning, don't have any ETA yet but shouldn't take too long I hope.' As for the latest version of Aura still corrupting SPD data, I couldn't tell you. I've been using it since it came out and not had any corruption, however whenever I make an RGB change to my ram I make sure I've closed everything else that's reading from the bus (Corsair Link, HWiNFO64 etc).