cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All RGB leds stopped working

MrPhil17
Level 7
Hello everyone! Today my Crosshair have decided to keep off all RGB LEDs. Yesterday night i installed Aura for see some effects, and everything worked flawlessly, then i turned off the pc, turned off my power strip as always, but this morning when i turn on my pc the only led that works are the check leds. I tried to reset bios, downgrade from 1002 to 902 and upgrade again, disable and enable LED settings in bios, reinstall Aura program but anything worked. My LED stripe work if i connect it with my NZXT controller. What do i do? RMA?:(
277 REPLIES 277

Raja@ASUS wrote:
There will be a workaround for this. Now that we have a couple of faulty boards back at HQ, one of the team just needs sufficient time to code the update. Will take a bit of time.

No, BS, Raja: are you very sure you can fix this? For real? If so, worth waiting for -- but if you don't then your organizations credibility is damaged further.

To paraphrase and old saying: "Don't make promises your hardware can't keep." -- lol
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

My RGB leds died two days ago. Only worked on the ROG Strix graphics card.

I went to the bios, changed the RGB setting from Enabled to Disabled in sleep/hibernation mode. Then saved and rebooted. Went back to the bios immediately and enabled it again in sleep mode.

Nothing happened at first so I just stopped thinking about it since I didn't really get the board for the RGB, for me it was more like an added bonus.

Then I noticed the RGB's came back on either when it went to sleep mode for the first time since I changed the settings, or after it woke up from sleep mode. Now they all work again but I haven't launched Aura yet to see if they stay on. I want to update the Bios and Aura program first.

Didn't read through 20 pages to see if this method has been tried, but it's worth a shot if your RGB's are dead to try this.

I don't have RGB memory or cpu cooler, only GPU and motherboard.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
There will be a workaround for this. Now that we have a couple of faulty boards back at HQ, one of the team just needs sufficient time to code the update. Will take a bit of time.

I understand that these things take time, but it's been around 2 months already with no real solution.

I know that fixing the RGB probably isn't a priority, however the RGB (Aura) was one of the features that made me purchase this board over others.

Baskura wrote:
I understand that these things take time, but it's been around 2 months already with no real solution.

Took time to get the boards back here from willing customers. Soon as there's time, someone will be on it.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Took time to get the boards back here from willing customers. Soon as there's time, someone will be on it.

Can you give us a time window, how long it will approximately take?*

Johan45
Level 7
I did try the newest release of Aura and it seems to be working, only thing is it can't seem to make the colour red on the peripherals. The board turns red and will hold a solid colour now.

entropic-remnan
Level 9
Okay, well, I don't accept ASUS explanation that now that they have boards donated by clear-eyed, noble users they can now diagnose the problem.

First off, it's not that hard to make it happen. Lots of us have caused them to fail with no training or expertise in creating the failure.

Furthermore, I've talked to and read about LOTS of folks who have returned or RMA'd their boards for this problem. I will say this very loud: THERE IS NO REASON WHY THEY COULDN'T HAVE WORKED ON THIS ALL ALONG. They likely have quite a pile of bad boards accumulating from returns at this point.

Sorry, ASUS, and Raja you are a likeable guy: but your explanation doesn't hold water and it stinks like poop. Stop making excuses and buying time and just fix the dang thing.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

entropic-remnants wrote:
Okay, well, I don't accept ASUS explanation that now that they have boards donated by clear-eyed, noble users they can now diagnose the problem.

First off, it's not that hard to make it happen. Lots of us have caused them to fail with no training or expertise in creating the failure.

Furthermore, I've talked to and read about LOTS of folks who have returned or RMA'd their boards for this problem. I will say this very loud: THERE IS NO REASON WHY THEY COULDN'T HAVE WORKED ON THIS ALL ALONG. They likely have quite a pile of bad boards accumulating from returns at this point.

Sorry, ASUS, and Raja you are a likeable guy: but your explanation doesn't hold water and it stinks like poop. Stop making excuses and buying time and just fix the dang thing.

I was the person that arranged the swaps and had boards shipped back to HQ (where I'm currently working from), so, I'm well aware of the time things took. Thanks! 😉

Chadd74
Level 7
So thats why the gave me a new board. They kept mine for testing. All good, glad it can assist in the search for the cure. Now to keep quiet that part of me that really really wants to try out Aura on my new board lol. The lights are blinking away now, how long will it last?

entropic-remnan
Level 9
Fair enough -- but for every sarcastic and funny post I do, there are seriously angry people (which I'm not) out there and they are getting even more torqued. I don't know how you guys got yourselves into this situation, but I hope you get out of it -- and fix my board too, lol.