cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AiO Header and CPU Fan headers shut down .

Chipz
Level 7
HI

So here i was minding my own buisness and i thought i heard a fan stop in the case.

After a quick look both the AIO cooler fans had stopped , these are set to 100% direct control in bios and connected to cpu fans 1 and alt.

Looked again and the light on the cpu pump had gone out as well . again plugged into aio header ditect control , 100%

Surely this should not be able to happen .

And this is not the first time its happened .

RMA ?
77 REPLIES 77

Chipz
Level 7
And here we sit alone , grasping to that little hope that someone from asus will even acknowlege us but alas this is not so .

I have been looking round other board manufactures forums today and they are filled with usefull responces and help from the manufacturer.

I cant take this anymore , a MB that has the possibility to shut its cooling down when it feels like it cannot be trusted and as such i will be ordering another bord and it wont be asus

I will rma this one and then sell the returned unit .

I cant have support like this.

entropic-remnan
Level 9
I have noticed this as well, Chipz. This is the Asus forum, but they spend more time posting on overclock.net (aka "OCN") than they do here. The main thread on this mobo over there is at, and I kid you not, over 1600 pages of posts. They do show up here once and awhile, but not often enough.

Early on I was pretty understanding, but I myself am getting increasingly critical of how this is being done. I recently posted that this is shaping up to be a pretty good class action lawsuit if they don't get this nailed down soon. Your problem I've not heard before, but the RGB system and Aura software debacle, memory SPD corruption, and a recent return of an SOC overvolt problem in the latest beta BIOS twins 9943/45 (that killed boards before) gives one pause.

Not cheap boards, and Asus is still touting them on their website with the glowing text about how great and feature laden they are. It's a mess.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

PeZzy
Level 7
Chipz wrote:
HI

So here i was minding my own buisness and i thought i heard a fan stop in the case.

After a quick look both the AIO cooler fans had stopped , these are set to 100% direct control in bios and connected to cpu fans 1 and alt.

Looked again and the light on the cpu pump had gone out as well . again plugged into aio header ditect control , 100%

Surely this should not be able to happen .

And this is not the first time its happened .

RMA ?

What do you mean by "direct control"? The Q-Fan control should be disabled for the CPU if you are running an AIO. I plugged my AIO into the CPU fan header as per the manufacturer's instructions. I believe the AIO header is disabled by default.

The AIO should be receiving 100% power at all times and should never be controlled by the BIOS.

PeZzy wrote:
What do you mean by "direct control"? The Q-Fan control should be disabled for the CPU if you are running an AIO. I plugged my AIO into the CPU fan header as per the manufacturer's instructions. I believe the AIO header is disabled by default.

The AIO should be receiving 100% power at all times and should never be controlled by the BIOS.

In bios whee it allows you to change the ramps of the fans , AIO has a option of pwm / DC i presume dc meant direct control . but it was always set to 100 %

The cpu fan i took off pwn and put on DC and on 100% as i had nocicied shutting down before .

PeZzy
Level 7
DC is Direct Current as opposed to Pulse Width Modulation. You might want to contact your AIO seller for proper settings.

As this motherboard has an option to disable Q-Fan, that looks like the best option to me. I only use Q-Fan PWM for my case fans.

I have the same issue. my other fans are on Fan Controllers, so only the pump for my Corsair H110 is on the motherboard.

I started with it on the AIO pump header, and noticed that it had stopped when i saw my temps rising. Checked AIDA64 readouts and the RPM was 0.
Rebooted the PC with no changes and it started working again. Next day, same thing.

I then switched it to the CPU Fan Header, and it was fine for about 12 hours, then 0 rpm again. This time I tried disconnecting it from the header and reconnecting it while the PC was still running, but it never powered up again until the system was rebooted.

I have only had the Motherboard running for 3 days and it has happened once every day. I have emailed ASUS Support about it and have moved the pump onto a Fan Controller to bypass the motherboard completely now, until they can resolve this. Luckily I have been at the PC each time it has happened and noticed it and was able to shutdown quickly.

I am on 1201 BIOS.

MorganH76 wrote:
I have the same issue. my other fans are on Fan Controllers, so only the pump for my Corsair H110 is on the motherboard.

I started with it on the AIO pump header, and noticed that it had stopped when i saw my temps rising. Checked AIDA64 readouts and the RPM was 0.
Rebooted the PC with no changes and it started working again. Next day, same thing.

I then switched it to the CPU Fan Header, and it was fine for about 12 hours, then 0 rpm again. This time I tried disconnecting it from the header and reconnecting it while the PC was still running, but it never powered up again until the system was rebooted.

I have only had the Motherboard running for 3 days and it has happened once every day. I have emailed ASUS Support about it and have moved the pump onto a Fan Controller to bypass the motherboard completely now, until they can resolve this. Luckily I have been at the PC each time it has happened and noticed it and was able to shutdown quickly.

I am on 1201 BIOS.

Hi

Finally someone with the same problem so its not just me , its these crappy boards.

Well since i made this post originally i have bought another board from another well known manufacturer starting with g , and all i can say is that its rock solid , not one issue at all .

So happy i got rid of this nasty board .

Yeah i also noticed it. After while running my cpu cooler using PWM mode, when temps go up my cpu cooler goes down to 500rpm and chassis fans 1, 2 completley shuts down, only reset MBO helps them runing. So i put my 4 pin CPU cooler to DC mode and all working fine for now. This MBO is so expensive and full of bugs. Asus going down with quality.

48 Hours on now, and no reply from support....

Have not had a single issue since i moved the pump to a fan controller, so it is definitely an issue with the Motherboard, not the pump that is attached.