cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AiO Header and CPU Fan headers shut down .

Chipz
Level 7
HI

So here i was minding my own buisness and i thought i heard a fan stop in the case.

After a quick look both the AIO cooler fans had stopped , these are set to 100% direct control in bios and connected to cpu fans 1 and alt.

Looked again and the light on the cpu pump had gone out as well . again plugged into aio header ditect control , 100%

Surely this should not be able to happen .

And this is not the first time its happened .

RMA ?
77 REPLIES 77

ok thank you I'll try it out with the CMOS clear and battery and then flash again.

ok it did not work out your suggestion.

Flexxx wrote:
ok it did not work out your suggestion.

Sorry to hear that! There are some other methods tried in this thread. Some of us have been lucky to get it resolved while others haven't been as lucky. Perhaps take a read back through the whole thread and see if there are any other solutions you wouldn't mind trying and hopefully o e of them will work for you.
Syaoran

ok thank you

BlackX
Level 7
Similar Problem on my Crosshair VI Hero with BIOS Version 6201
CPU and CPU Opt stops after about 5 hours !
I have ENERMAX T.B.Vegas Duo 140mm and custom Water cooling.
CPU fans are not controlled

Also sometimes single case fans turn themselves on although i have all 3 set to going full speed at 40°C Temp Sensor 1
I even think that the water pump goes stops too.

Its not funny when your Game freezes at 100°C CPU Temp.
ROG FTW :mad:

BlackX
Level 7
confirmed
CPU Fan, CPU OPT and Water Pump
shut down after 0,5 H playing rs six siege
i do a cmos reset and reflash the bios
next time i take a Photo

damn ASUS get your **** together

On the latest official bios 6201 I randomly get my aio pump and chassis fans shutting down, last occurrence all shutdown together.

All those people trying other fan/cpu headers don't bother they all exhibit the same problem, move any critical pumps off mobo headers and use adapters to connect them directly to your PSU.(you can still connect rpm sense to mobo header)

Definitely do it to your pump(s) , because you can have meltdown(hopefully it shuts off before then) within a minute or 2 if your computer is running a high load tasks.
Also love how I can't seem to set a low speed or stopped fan warning in the bios.....LOL if this was not so potential dangerous it would be hilarious.

At this point class action sounds appropriate, if I had not noticed this and left my computer alone and running a high load task for days my house could have burnt down. ( thermal shutdown is not something I you should rely on)

I have am using corsair H110, which has been reliable on 3502 bios but 6201 is a nightmare... very worrying to see so many people with different bios with same issue.

Also I have tried aio as disabled (full speed all time),Qfan "tuned" in the bios and manually all exhibit the same problem.
I am not running any fan software but I am now monitoring constantly using Hwinfo (the shutdown has occured when its no running as well)

BlackX
Level 7
After another occurrence
I flashed back to BIOS 3502
since then it's going well so far

I think the bug from 6004
This version has some known issues with the BIOS's Q-Fan PWM/DC mode calibration. If you use this feature, we advise you to skip this BIOS version and wait for the next official release.

is still there or asus ****ed up q-fan forever.

I do not pay for a premium board to not use its features