Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AGESA 1.2.0.A on X570 platform

Ikaris44
Level 8

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here.

Just to say  ty to AMD and Asus for releasing this new version and the bios that goes with it for ryzen 5950x owners.

Updated on the Rog Crosshair Dark Hero with the latest 4501 bios and performance is on point with falling temps compared to previous versions.

for owners of 59XX, I recommend it without any doubts.

17 REPLIES 17

Rizlah
Level 7

i agree with OP, i have 5950x and dark hero mobo, performance is bang on point, much better than previous version, constantly get 5.0 - 5.1 single thread now and temps are even down about 2 degrees on coolant (custom loop).

I have never found a bios yet that provides this level of performance, just hope it remains stable.  

Note - i am using exactly the same settings as previous bios, DRAM, PBO and CO.

LIY000
Level 7

image-14.png

New bios. It's in all games. Returned version 4402 and everything is fine. Mobo Dark Hero.

MiztahSparklez
Level 7

For anyone having problems with DOCP after trying to flash this through the normal utility, try using the Flashback method for installing the BIOS.

My system would not POST if I had any OC on my RAM.  After using Flashback and clearing CMOS it worked fine.

Arokhantos
Level 10

They still haven't released it yet for the X570-E gaming wifi v1 and bunch of otherboards, really be nice if they could update it has some important hotfixes for security as well as bug fix for EDC bug if  heard so this one is really high on my wish list as if had issues with edc bug for couple of years, forcing me to use PBO2Tuner program to apply PBO from windows or i will be effected by the EDC bug, but this causes some other issues i think, not to mention i can no longer use PBO within Linux

ROG Strix X570-E Gaming/ Ryzen 9 5950x / 4x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN / Liquid Devil 7900 XTX / 2x samsung 980 PRO 2 TB / 2x samsung 860 evo 1 tb / 2x crucial mx500 2 TB / LG 38WN95C-W 3840x1600 144hz / 12 inch system info display

Hi Arokhantos ,

Indeed , This now well-known bug is very disturbing.

I hope that the Asus staff will soon release a bios for your motherboard.

It seems  that there is a delay of one month for the X570-E Gaming , so I'll bet in a few days😉

Arokhantos
Level 10

Hopefully but it looks like support is fully abandoned stability hasn't exactly been great with this motherboard at least in 1 specific game unless playing in Linux.

ROG Strix X570-E Gaming/ Ryzen 9 5950x / 4x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN / Liquid Devil 7900 XTX / 2x samsung 980 PRO 2 TB / 2x samsung 860 evo 1 tb / 2x crucial mx500 2 TB / LG 38WN95C-W 3840x1600 144hz / 12 inch system info display

BillBittel
Level 12

I loaded BIOS 4501 on my Dark Hero and set everything exactly like I had it in the previous BIOS. My idle temps have dropped almost 10°C and performance is the same or better! I think Asus got the kick in the pants they needed to start paying attention to their BIOS's. 

DeltaYoshi
Level 7

I loaded BIOS 4501 on my Dark Hero with Ryzen 5950x and RX 6800 XT and set everything exactly like I had it in the previous BIOS.
After a view crashes and black-screens i go back to 4402. And everything works fine now again.

BillBittel
Level 12

Interesting. I loaded Bios 4501 on my Dark Hero (5950X), set everything exactly the same as before, and my temps dropped about 8°C at idle. If I enable PBO I am getting better performance since it can clock higher before the temps hit the TDC limit. It has also been rock solid. I have run 20 different non-beta and 21 different beta Bios versions on this board since I bought it and so far, 4501 has been the best one.