cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AGESA 1.2.0.3 Patch A for 500 Series ROG ASUS Motherboards

ROG_News
Level 7
The next round of BIOSes for ASUS ROG 500-series motherboards based on **AGESA 1.2.0.3 Patch A** are on the way. Be sure to check the support portal over the next few days https://www.asus.com/support/

48 REPLIES 48

Installed 4002 BIOS for X570-F motherboard, no problems so far.

sonixmon
Level 7
Just a note after some more time on 3601, I was noticing CPU running hotter and a little perceived performance loss. Ran a few tests including 3D Mark and confirmed the results were lower. I was thinking maybe the voltage changes were causing more heat and lowering boost clocks. Then it dawned on me I should check CTR profiles, something didn't seem right as they weren't loading. I decided to rerun CTR2.1. It acted up and crashed a couple of times. Figured I needed to delete the config and as soon as I did that it ran fine.

After running Diag again and letting it create the profiles I activated them and ran benchmarks again. Performance 98% to where it was and temps lower. Last time I had tweaked the profiles manually for additional performance at the cost of temps. This time I decided to keep the lower temps.

Anyway long post to say if you used CTR and updated to 3601 you may need to clear and start over. Even a manual OC will likely need tweaks. Overall it runs way better now though.

sonixmon wrote:
Just a note after some more time on 3601, I was noticing CPU running hotter and a little perceived performance loss. Ran a few tests including 3D Mark and confirmed the results were lower. I was thinking maybe the voltage changes were causing more heat and lowering boost clocks. Then it dawned on me I should check CTR profiles, something didn't seem right as they weren't loading. I decided to rerun CTR2.1. It acted up and crashed a couple of times. Figured I needed to delete the config and as soon as I did that it ran fine.

After running Diag again and letting it create the profiles I activated them and ran benchmarks again. Performance 98% to where it was and temps lower. Last time I had tweaked the profiles manually for additional performance at the cost of temps. This time I decided to keep the lower temps.

Anyway long post to say if you used CTR and updated to 3601 you may need to clear and start over. Even a manual OC will likely need tweaks. Overall it runs way better now though.

I am experiencing the exact same thing on 3601 - X570 CH8 HERO WIFI
Higher CPU temps (7-10 degrees hotter) and lost around 5% performance on Cinebench R20.
But I don't use CTR.

DrSlump76
Level 7
This bios is the worst i ever tried on my rig.
System losed some stability using the same settings (after a clear configuration) of bios ver.3402.
Pushing the fclk to 1866Mhz (the same i used with bios 3402) i have audio issues with my rx580 hdmi audio output and sometimes a whea error.
By the way i already had to make some adjustement to cpu voltage values for whea errors since bios 3xxx and over.

criznittle
Level 8
I'm running a 3950x on Crosshair Hero VIII 3601, and it's been very stable. Temps are surprisingly a bit lower than usual while performance is about the same.
This is with no OC, and DOCP enabled. That's the only settings i change anymore, and stability couldn't be better. Performance gains from an OC on 3950x are rather minimal in my experience, and not worth the increased power draw and temperature increase. Have you tried just going with mostly default settings?

Rocket_Scientis
Level 8
Still experiencing USB 2.0 issues on ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING with latest BIOS. Even set all PCIe in 3.0 mode does nothing. Also experiencing random audio clicks/pops but this is not driver or Windows related because I can clearly hear them while I'm in BIOS.

Hey,

Unfortunately, the new BIOS (4002) with Agesa 1.2.0.3 didn't solve the USB problem. Do you think we will get a fix anytime soon?
Mother board Asus Prime X570-PRO with AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

While running v3401 I watched a video from Optimum Tech about PBO/Curve Optimizer, this essentially fixed all previous temp issues i had. I was aple to get vcore undervolted to 1.2v and stable 4.4ghz with -30 offset on all cores. Temps were 40c at idle and 65 after 2 hours of gaming straight.

I wanted to vertically mount my GPU using a PCIe 4.0 riser cable (lian li) and when I went to do this I also opted to update to 3601.

This caused the vcore to rise to 1.45v, idle temps 70c and the moment I start a game it shoots up to 80c, no cores are stable.

I put GPU back into board directly, flashed back to 3401, and cleared cmos, all issues still persist.

Steps I have taken:
Reinstalled Windows
Reverted all bios settings back to standard/auto and did not mess with PBO/Curve Optimizer
Purchased new AIO
Created more aggressive fan curves

Current build:

-Lian Li 011 Dynamic

-Ryzen 5900x

-Asus Dark Hero X570

-Asus Strix 3080 OC

-Corsair Dominator platinum RGB 3200MHZ (8X32GB)

-Corsair Elite Capellix AIO triple fan

- WB Black 1TB and 500GB m.2

-Corsair RMx 1000 PSU

LocoDiceGR
Level 10
2021/07/24 20.48 MBytes
ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING BIOS 2407
"1. Support WIN 11 installed or upgraded

this bios is out for my mobo today, but it doesnt say what agesa is based...im guessing 1.2.0.3 Patch B.

Halfdead
Level 7
I think It's patch A actually