cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AGESA 1.2.0.3 Patch A for 500 Series ROG ASUS Motherboards

ROG_News
Level 7
The next round of BIOSes for ASUS ROG 500-series motherboards based on **AGESA 1.2.0.3 Patch A** are on the way. Be sure to check the support portal over the next few days https://www.asus.com/support/

48 REPLIES 48

Banditt1976 wrote:
The FCLK should be 1/2 of what your RAM frequency is set at. If it won't boot with it set like that in the BIOS, then your timings and/or voltages need to be adjusted.

Yes I have been running at 3733 Ram and FCLK 1866.5 which is 1:1 , if I try to go to 3800 and 1900 no joy. For testing purposes only I also left FCLK at 1866.5 and pushed Ram to 3866 breaking the 1:1 but seeing if memory was causing the issues. I ran a few short tests and had no issues. I really think it is just an issue with the memory controller. No voltage changes seem to help so it might just be my limit with this chip. It is disappointing because the Ram OCs very well 3600 up to 3866, 4000 was a no go at stock timings and I am more interested in latency at this point).

Thanks for the reply.

5950x, Dark Hero, 64gb 3600_CL14, 3090 Strix - Installed 3601, cannot find the xmp for the ram etc, layout of bios quite different than 3501, couldn't load settings from 3501 profile, wish they released a full settings layout map so I can recreate the 3501 settings. is there anything like that available folks ?

Im having a hard time with 3601 because I dont know all the 3501 settings I had and loading a 3501 profile into 3601 it wouldnt take yet all the previous bios updates did so 3601 is very different!

SirMaxxi wrote:
5950x, Dark Hero, 64gb 3600_CL14, 3090 Strix - Installed 3601, cannot find the xmp for the ram etc, layout of bios quite different than 3501, couldn't load settings from 3501 profile, wish they released a full settings layout map so I can recreate the 3501 settings. is there anything like that available folks ?

Im having a hard time with 3601 because I dont know all the 3501 settings I had and loading a 3501 profile into 3601 it wouldnt take yet all the previous bios updates did so 3601 is very different!

Before any UEFI update you can save your settings to a text file.
After updating you can use that text file to enter your settings, but you may have to change some values.

Cheers.

Escorpiom wrote:
Before any UEFI update you can save your settings to a text file.
After updating you can use that text file to enter your settings, but you may have to change some values.

Cheers.

I'm so doing that before I update on the future thank you �

Please please please fix the DRAM voltages for this 3601 release. I cannot get the board to actually set the correct target DRAM voltage with this new release which causes my board to not post.

You can literally write any number in the voltage settings, but it won't go above around 1.22V.

Daylight_Invader wrote:
Please please please fix the DRAM voltages for this 3601 release. I cannot get the board to actually set the correct target DRAM voltage with this new release which causes my board to not post.

You can literally write any number in the voltage settings, but it won't go above around 1.22V.

Sorry, but that's just not true.
I've set my ram to 1.33v and it checks out in HWinfo.
Make sure you don't load previous saved uefi profiles as they are not compatible.

Edit: I just read your post in another thread. It seems you are referring to "auto" ram voltage. Can't comment on that, I did set it manually.

Cheers.

Escorpiom wrote:
Sorry, but that's just not true.
I've set my ram to 1.33v and it checks out in HWinfo.
Make sure you don't load previous saved uefi profiles as they are not compatible.

Edit: I just read your post in another thread. It seems you are referring to "auto" ram voltage. Can't comment on that, I did set it manually.

Cheers.

When you use auto, it ‘manually’ sets the target voltage in the voltage field, but if you look at current value to the left of the field, it shows the low value I refer to. To be clear, I’ve only noticed this bug with this new version. It’s not an issue with previous BIOS builds.

If I then save and restart, board fails to post.Â*

I don't know where to post it, but if I activate the ErP (S4 + S5) option to turn off all USB and lights, when I turn on the PC it can't boot and I need to reboot until it decides to boot. What should I do ?

CPU: RYZEN 5 5600X
VIDEO: ZOTAC RTX 3080 Trinity OC
MOTHER: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING
RAM: F4-3200C16D-32GTZR
NVME/SSD M.2: WDS100T3XHC-00SJG0 / GP-AG4500G
CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-U12S-Chromax Black
FUENTE: NZXT C850
COOLERS: DEEPCOOL ARGB x6
MONITOR: TUF GAMING VG27A (2560px1440p)

this BIOS works great for my CH8 Dark Hero.

Installed on a Strix x570-E gaming with no issues so far (bios 4002).