cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AGESA 1.2.0.3 Patch A for 500 Series ROG ASUS Motherboards

ROG_News
Level 7
The next round of BIOSes for ASUS ROG 500-series motherboards based on **AGESA 1.2.0.3 Patch A** are on the way. Be sure to check the support portal over the next few days https://www.asus.com/support/

48 REPLIES 48

neikosr0x
Level 7
for some odd reason a few days running this BIOS and out of nowhere I started getting whea errors CPU wise and constant restarts, the bios was performing really well but I have no clue why it started, It was literally killing my PC sometimes at the logon screen, Voltages were fine across the board, I have reverted back to the last stable bios and did a full fresh windows 10 install I will run this bios for a week and then I will go back to the latest to see what happens.

I have been using the same settings for RAM across all bios with no issues after hours of stress testing (gskills @ 3600 cl16) CPU settings are stock as well as almost anything else except from RAM settings.

5900x
Dark Hero x570
Corsair Gold 1000w PSU

neikosr0x wrote:
for some odd reason a few days running this BIOS and out of nowhere I started getting whea errors CPU wise and constant restarts, the bios was performing really well but I have no clue why it started, It was literally killing my PC sometimes at the logon screen, Voltages were fine across the board, I have reverted back to the last stable bios and did a full fresh windows 10 install I will run this bios for a week and then I will go back to the latest to see what happens.

I have been using the same settings for RAM across all bios with no issues after hours of stress testing (gskills @ 3600 cl16) CPU settings are stock as well as almost anything else except from RAM settings.

5900x
Dark Hero x570
Corsair Gold 1000w PSU

I am still stable on this bios with Ram @3733 CL16 for about a week now. No WHEA errors or instability. I originally had some crashing on this bios but it was because it doesn't work with previous profiles and I didn't enter something correctly. Sorted that out and even tightened my timings since using DRAM Calc. It could be related to the FW I guess but not seeing issues here.

Hoping for a new non-beta soon and I will probably stick with it for a while if its solid.

neikosr0x wrote:

5900x
Dark Hero x570
Corsair Gold 1000w PSU

I have updated to this bios too 2 weeks ago, and have nothing but errors
Hard resets out of nowhere, after sleep mode, unable to get into bios at many points too.

I have tested my ram too in dos with the help of memtest86 (default +/- 3 hour run) no issues found.

But if i run with DOHC enabled i get these resets, but with default spd speeds i wont.

Hope they fix it soon or ill go back to an the previous version (2006) where i didnt run into these issues.

The only thing that sticks out in HWINFO is power reporting deviation, which gos from as low as 78% to as high as 300%

I am running the latest bios version on motherboard and gpu, latest drivers on everything in the system too.

Ram: G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3600C16D-16GTZRC
CPU: 3700x
Board: ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS (WI-FI)
GPU: 2080 Super

3601 is working fantastic for me. Rock solid stable.

Getting boosts to 5025MHz with stock settings and stable all-core OC to 4.5GHz with 1.289V Vcore.

Memory settings and OC are also great. Running 4 DIMMs of Ballistix Elite 3600 with XMP profile no problem. 12 hour stable with MemTest86. I'm currently running them OC to 3800Mhz with 1900MHz FCLK. Also 12 hour stable with MemTest86 with the timings below. I must say I'm loving the C8H with 5950X, Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0, and Ballistix Elite 3600. Easily the best set up I've had thus far. My previous set up was a ASRock Taichi X470 with 3950X with same Ballistix Elite sticks. I could get them to run at XMP profile no problem, but there was absolutely no way to get them stable with a 1900 FCLK. Loving it!

I have a set of Trident Z Royal 4000 DIMMS on the way (2x16GB) to see if I can push FCLK just a little further. If I can't, I ultimately want to run 4x16GB DIMMs at 3800, so I'll be able to cover that goal either way.

I'm on BIOS 2401, B550-f, and I'm getting WHEA errors id 1 in windows 10 event viewer.

Are you releasing a new BIOS for X570-F soon? Thanks.

contact1
Level 8
ROG News wrote:
The next round of BIOSes for ASUS ROG 500-series motherboards based on **AGESA 1.2.0.3 Patch A** are on the way. Be sure to check the support portal over the next few days https://www.asus.com/support/

Hi ROG!

I hope it may help. I let a BIOS issues log with various attempts of versions.

The well known IRQ issue is apparently fixed within the 3000 version series but they come with MCE errors for a same setup, same timings, same settings.

As a reference, BIOS version 2206 provides full stability with Crosshair VIII (WiFi) + Ryzen 3950X + dual 16GB B-die G.Skill 3600 MHz 16-16-16-16-36 at 1.35V

Regards,
CyrIng

contact1 wrote:
Hi ROG!

I hope it may help. I let a BIOS issues log with various attempts of versions.

The well known IRQ issue is apparently fixed within the 3000 version series but they come with MCE errors for a same setup, same timings, same settings.

As a reference, BIOS version 2206 provides full stability with Crosshair VIII (WiFi) + Ryzen 3950X + dual 16GB B-die G.Skill 3600 MHz 16-16-16-16-36 at 1.35V

Regards,
CyrIng

I agree, the latest fully stable bios for my 3900x is 2206.

JeffLo
Level 10
3601 is buggy vs 3501

Having big issues with b550xe crashing then booting into bios

Takes up to 20 reboots before it will boot up. Seems to have got worse from last BIOS update