cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AGESA 1.2.0.2 Available for AMD 500 Series Motherboards

ROG_News
Level 7
The next round of BIOSes for ASUS ROG 500-series motherboards based on AGESA 1.2.0.2 are available below. Be sure to check the support portal over the coming days if your board is not listed. https://www.asus.com/support/

ROG-CROSSHAIR-VIII-IMPACT-ASUS-3501

ROG-CROSSHAIR-VIII-HERO-WIFI-ASUS-3501

ROG-CROSSHAIR-VIII-HERO-ASUS-3501

ROG-CROSSHAIR-VIII-FORMULA-ASUS-3501

ROG-CROSSHAIR-VIII-DARK-HERO-ASUS-3501
22 REPLIES 22

abortoletto wrote:
And Bios Renamer?

You can use the renamer from one of the earlier BIOS releases. Or change the name manually.

I can't update the bios or the biosflashback.
and yes I ran the file that renames the bios of the asus crosshair vIII formula CF8.CAP.
When initializing the update, STAGE 1 appears on the display and immediately afterwards the message "did not update".
I've been through all the bios previously without any problem.
ASUS fix it!:louco:

hightechclayton wrote:
I can't update the bios or the biosflashback.
and yes I ran the file that renames the bios of the asus crosshair vIII formula CF8.CAP.
When initializing the update, STAGE 1 appears on the display and immediately afterwards the message "did not update".
I've been through all the bios previously without any problem.
ASUS fix it!:louco:

Press CMOS Clear before using Flashback or Update it via the Bios Tool in Bios Settings

Installed the beta on my B550i - Re-Bar kicked in...seen some fps gains in cyberpunk, thats good!

XMP on 3200.

So far no problems.

I made clear cmos and then tried flashback, it doesn't work.
I also tried at asusupdate and does not find bios 3501.

hightechclayton wrote:
I made clear cmos and then tried flashback, it doesn't work.
I also tried at asusupdate and does not find bios 3501.

download last stable version of bios before 3501. Use bios Renamer put the file CAP in usb key in FAT32 and press bios flashback button. When led stop blink. Boot your pc.

Bios flashback function can flash old version of bios. And after flash with EZFlash in bios directly to 3501. but don't flash to 3501 with bios flashback.

Airchtit
Level 7
Hi,

I have updated to the latest and greatest BIOS both standard and beta releases and I see an increase in idle and on-load temps on my TUF B550-M Plus.
I use the exact same settings as I used to, no PBO and Core Performance Disabled (in overclocking, not sure this one changes anything).

I have tried to rollback pre AMD patch and I see my idle temps at 35, on load around 50 degrees celsius.
If I test the BIOS with AMD patch, idle sits at 45 and up to 60.

I know those temps are not bad by any mean but my computer used to be dead silent and the fans are now always audible which is quite annoying and I can't think of any possible reason for that.
Anyone experiencing the same and have a potential solution?

Best regards

Hi.
Can anyone who has a Strix X570-E confirm that the USB stability problem has been resolved definitively with the latest bios (3801 Beta Version)?
I am hesitant to install a beta fw.

Thx!

dont have any devices that use pci-e 4.0 yet may in future the bios looks just as stable as 3602 so far, wondering when non beta will come out for this one tho, if heard reports of it not fixing it altho im not sure if that was specific to asus boards, agesa 1.2.0.2 may not be enough we might see newer agesa further adressing usb issues in the future.

Hi

Anyone else using the 3801 BIOS on X570-E, could confirm if Spread Spectrum is getting disabled?

On previous non-beta BIOS disabling Spread Spectrum would give 100MHz BCLK; now on 3801 with the same configuration applied (same settings applied manually, not via profile), BCLK is around 99.1MHz~99.5MHz.

Thanks