cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABB-bioses for X470-F/Prime X470-Pro?

xeizo
Level 12
For those running Linux.

I tried to install different distros the other day, on bios 5007 and 5204, Debian, Ubuntu and Mint wasn't possible. Different versions of severe hanging during boot.

Arch Linux was virtually troublefree, but it is a mess to install anyway having to type dozens of configuration commands.

Open SuSE boots and works OK, but it displays a clear reminder that RDRANDR is at fault every boot.

It would be nice to have ABB-bioses, which solves those particular issues, for what is probably the most sold boards.
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850
10 REPLIES 10

Acid__Killer
Level 7
xeizo wrote:
For those running Linux.

I tried to install different distros the other day, on bios 5007 and 5204, Debian, Ubuntu and Mint wasn't possible. Different versions of severe hanging during boot.

Arch Linux was virtually troublefree, but it is a mess to install anyway having to type dozens of configuration commands.

Open SuSE boots and works OK, but it displays a clear reminder that RDRANDR is at fault every boot.

It would be nice to have ABB-bioses, which solves those particular issues, for what is probably the most sold boards.

I concur!

I've been without my Linux distro since I got the 3700x three weeks ago 😞

Asus ROG Strix x470-F

Regards

Up!

Asus ROG Strix x470-F & Ryzen 3700X

Too many quirks and workarounds to install actual distro (Fedora, Ubuntu).

And lack of official communication on the matter from ASUS is frustrating.

Treat one-year old so called "ROG-TOP-OF-THE-LINE" hardware customers like this is unacceptable.

It deeply corrupts brand reputation and loyalty.

artem_k wrote:
Up!

Asus ROG Strix x470-F & Ryzen 3700X

Too many quirks and workarounds to install actual distro (Fedora, Ubuntu).

And lack of official communication on the matter from ASUS is frustrating.

Treat one-year old so called "ROG-TOP-OF-THE-LINE" hardware customers like this is unacceptable.

It deeply corrupts brand reputation and loyalty.

As a developer, it is rather frustrating building things in WSL...

Even though Asus ROG Strix x470-I already has the patch?

What is up with that? :rolleyes:

Hopefully someone watches this forum?
( I doubt it though )...

Regards

Still no ABB for prime x470-pro.

Yeah we are the last **** here
Strix f the second more expensive motherboard and no support.... that tells you a lot about Asus and its support

Here is a official response from asus...

My name is Some Support Person and it is my pleasure to help you with the issue.

Please feel free to rate our service according to the solution provided in the questionnaire that will be sent to you shortly after our reply to your inquiry.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING.

Please bear in mind that ASUS, as manufacturer, does not offer support for other operating systems than Windows OS.

The BIOS and driver updates are automatically released by our developing team in Taiwan. For the latest BIOS update available, kindly check the link below:
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us.

We hope that the given information will be useful and we wish you a great day.

Best Regards,

Some Support Person

ASUS Technical Support

Hah hah nice...:rolleyes:

Thrawn
Level 7
ABB BIOS for ASUS PRIME X470-PRO:

BIOS 5216

Thrawn wrote:
ABB BIOS for ASUS PRIME X470-PRO:

BIOS 5216

It's officially on ASUS website right now.

Yay, Ubuntu works.

It disabled all my USB ports on first boot, except USB3.1 Gen 2 ports ...

Pew pew