cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4004 BIOS ARGB Header Glitch

Bostonjunk
Level 8
Seems there is a bug with the new BIOS and/or the LED firmware it flashes - I find both ARGB headers only work if I disable the LED strip in Aura sync or if I select a static colour. If I choose a basic effect, only the second header works. If I use a custom one from Aura Creator, neither of them work.

I'm on the C8F but it seems those with the C8H WiFi also have issues - not sure if it's all C8 mobos with the same bug.

Hoping it's just software and can be fixed with an Armoury Crate/Aura update.

Any others getting the same problem?
23 REPLIES 23

Rolda
Level 8
Same problem here. I went back to bios 3904 and it works again.

MENINBLK
Level 7
Bostonjunk wrote:
Seems there is a bug with the new BIOS and/or the LED firmware it flashes - I find both ARGB headers only work if I disable the LED strip in Aura sync or if I select a static colour. If I choose a basic effect, only the second header works. If I use a custom one from Aura Creator, neither of them work.

I'm on the C8F but it seems those with the C8H WiFi also have issues - not sure if it's all C8 mobos with the same bug.

Hoping it's just software and can be fixed with an Armoury Crate/Aura update.

Any others getting the same problem?

CH8 Formula here.
Was running 3904 with no issues.
Updated to 4004 and ARGB is dead.
Armoury Crate v5.0.11.0 does not even detect the RGB Header in AURA SYNC.
I may flash back to 3904. ugh...

lordberti
Level 10
No problems for me. With the new Bios Version 4004, the Aura Firmware will also be Updatet. I had a text after the restart.
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ROG CROSSHAIR X670E EXTREME | ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 OC | G.Skill F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5N | WD Black SN850X | PHANTEKS Glacier One 360 T30 Gen2 | LG OLED42C27LA | Phanteks NV7 | Seasonic PRIME-TX-1300 | Windows 11 Pro.

I think this problem is due to an incompatibility between the new AURA Firmware and the old AURA Software.

I powered down my CH8 Formula.
Turned off the power supply completely.
Turn the power supply on after waiting 2 minutes.
Booted up the computer.
The ARGB/EKWB Bridge lights up with the Rainbow pattern.
Windows 10 loads.
When the AURA service loads, the ARGB/EKWB Bridge goes dark.

BillBittel
Level 12
Is Asus even still updating Aura or have they abandoned it for Armoury Crate and Aura Creator? Does this mean that Aura cannot and will not work after this firmware update?

BillBittel wrote:
Is Asus even still updating Aura or have they abandoned it for Armoury Crate and Aura Creator? Does this mean that Aura cannot and will not work after this firmware update?

AURA has gotten updates in 2022 via Armoury Crate.

tweezlednutball
Level 7
Same problem.

piemad2010
Level 7
Asus just put a update out that should fix problem :cool:

piemad2010 wrote:
Asus just put a update out that should fix problem :cool:

Not seeing any updates available in Armoury Crate.