cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1107 BIOS Reduced my RAM 2933 --> 2666 :(

DJ_Bully
Level 9
Hi all, I just upgraded to 1107 BIOS from 1002.

In 1002 I had my G-Skill Trident Z 3000 C14 32GB (2x16GB) up to near enough rated speeds apart from CAS.

It was going @ 2933 18-14-14-14-34.

I am not able to boot in 1107 with the same settings that worked for 1002. Anyone have any ideas? I have tried higher CAS (slower timings) on the RAM but it just will not boot in @ 2933 😞

In 1107 best I can reach is @ 2666 14-13-13-13-30.

My specs are on profile if interested.

I dont really want to go back to 1002, but if no solution to this then I think I might.

Just like to say overall I am happy with my C6H, 1700 and Fury X CF is running very nicely thank you 🙂

Thanks in advance 🙂

Bully
10 REPLIES 10

knightriot
Level 7
I think you should try add more vsoc :rolleyes:

Hi Thanks for the reply, I am @ 1.05 approx on SOC voltage, I keep seeing post's saying not to go too high with that so am trying to be cautious.

I hear up to 1.2 is ok?

I may have a play later on, i'm using +offset function with LLC lvl4.

Cheers,

DJ Bully wrote:
Hi Thanks for the reply, I am @ 1.05 approx on SOC voltage, I keep seeing post's saying not to go too high with that so am trying to be cautious.

I hear up to 1.2 is ok?

I may have a play later on, i'm using +offset function with LLC lvl4.

Cheers,

My C6H when i use DOCP 3200mhz auto up to 1.22v , may be you should try, i think it's ok
//Sorry about my bad english

knightriot wrote:
My C6H when i use DOCP 3200mhz auto up to 1.22v , may be you should try, i think it's ok
//Sorry about my bad english

I wouldn't think you need to apologize. I myself can't speak anything but English and be understood -- and I've understood all your posts. I know people born in America who can't communicate worth a dime so you're doing fine.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

Thanks all for you're advice. I have a few options to tweak, I will report back how I get on in the hope that it may assist someone else.

Wont be tonight as I am playing Snooker with a friend. Before you ask, we are both CRAP! 🙂

Cheers,

entropic-remnants, thank you for your advice.

I have now got my RAM back @ 2933 18-14-14-14-34

It was indeed the ProcODT setting that made it happen.

I managed to boot into bios with 60 or 68.6 ohms, but they turned out to be unstable. I went up to 80ohms and now it is solid as a rock! FYI my RAM part no. is in my profile.

Really happy now 🙂

Is there any reason I should change to the 99xx BIOS's? My RAM is now more or less at rated speeds (3000) .

Thanks again for the assistance, took me a while to get there but got it in the end!

DJ Bully wrote:
entropic-remnants, thank you for your advice.

I have now got my RAM back @ 2933 18-14-14-14-34

It was indeed the ProcODT setting that made it happen.

I managed to boot into bios with 60 or 68.6 ohms, but they turned out to be unstable. I went up to 80ohms and now it is solid as a rock! FYI my RAM part no. is in my profile.

Really happy now 🙂

Is there any reason I should change to the 99xx BIOS's? My RAM is now more or less at rated speeds (3000) .

Thanks again for the assistance, took me a while to get there but got it in the end!

Glad you got it back!

The main reason I went with the 9945 BIOS (or 9943 has this also) is the ability to tune some of the things that the C6H *should* be able to read from the XMP profile in the RAM, but is not. I show how to do it in THIS POST. You don't have to have AIDA64 to test stability but I like it and recommend it even though to get the full version costs $40. I think it's worth it for me but probably not for everybody. The free version of HCI Memtest works fine for checking RAM stability and even the Prime95 "Blend" test stresses RAM.

When you play with new BIOS, it can be a pain -- but if you have a flash drive plugged in, name the BIOS you're on now to the C6H.CAP format so you can flash it back quickly. Also, in the BIOS, save your current BIOS settings to the flash drive. Now you can reflash and play and if you're not happy then it's the work of a couple of minutes to get back to where you were.

Anyway, that's what I do and it makes trying new BIOS less painful... except for all the time you burn trying to make them work, lol.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

entropic-remnan
Level 9
I only get to 3200 on my RAM by using a 2666 memory speed and bumping the Bclk to 120. Then it all works but there's another wrinkle in 1107.

In the advanced menu in the BIOS, under the AMD CBS and the ZEN UMC sub-menu's is an entry called ProcODT -- are you familiar with it? It's a necessary termination impedance in the memory controller that has to match the source impedance of the memory itself. From what I'm reading, the default for that changed from 1002 to 1107 and if there is no specific one for your memory in a table, that could well affect your ability to hit 2933.

The default may be 53.x ohms, or 80 ohms -- not sure. My DIMM's require a ProcODT of 68.6 ohms to work properly.

A couple of things: that setting resets automatically and without warning when you get it wrong, so if you go in and it's on Auto again, try a different value. Also watch out that your memory timings don't get reset when you select a different memory speed.

If you were able to run at 2933 before without a Bclk increase, it's possible the only thing you need is a good ProcODT to get back where you were. Unfortunately, the only way to find the correct one is by trial and error and the people who know say to run HCI Memtest after you think you have it right to make SURE it's a good value.

Also note: when you change ProcODT and go to save and reset out of the BIOS, it won't show as a changed setting -- that's normal.

entropic-remnants wrote:
I only get to 3200 on my RAM by using a 2666 memory speed and bumping the Bclk to 120. Then it all works but there's another wrinkle in 1107.

In the advanced menu in the BIOS, under the AMD CBS and the ZEN UMC sub-menu's is an entry called ProcODT -- are you familiar with it? It's a necessary termination impedance in the memory controller that has to match the source impedance of the memory itself. From what I'm reading, the default for that changed from 1002 to 1107 and if there is no specific one for your memory in a table, that could well affect your ability to hit 2933.

The default may be 53.x ohms, or 80 ohms -- not sure. My DIMM's require a ProcODT of 68.6 ohms to work properly.

A couple of things: that setting resets automatically and without warning when you get it wrong, so if you go in and it's on Auto again, try a different value. Also watch out that your memory timings don't get reset when you select a different memory speed.

If you were able to run at 2933 before without a Bclk increase, it's possible the only thing you need is a good ProcODT to get back where you were. Unfortunately, the only way to find the correct one is by trial and error and the people who know say to run HCI Memtest after you think you have it right to make SURE it's a good value.

Also note: when you change ProcODT and go to save and reset out of the BIOS, it won't show as a changed setting -- that's normal.

Thank you sir! That is just the kind of info I was looking for. I was not overly familiar with the ProcODT setting, another setting to tweak with.

in 1002, at least I was not able to boot with anything other than 100 BCLK, apparently 1107 may have fixed that, I have not tried that yet either. If I cant get 2933 cleanly then I'll have a look at BCLK again. I am also running crossfire GPU's, I dont think they like much BCLK tweaking either.

Ta 🙂