cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1001-0038 Manual Fan Control Problem

MeQira
Level 7
Whenever i set cpu cooler's rpm from bios or fanexpert, it changing by itself and this really makes me crazy, i didn't have this problem on other bios versions. It's not stable 5 sec 1400rpm, 5 sec 1600rpm, 5 sec 1500 rpm always like this. Anyone has this problem or only i am? (And other dots not close to last one in fan settings)
5 REPLIES 5

RichardCharlesD
Level 7
yes i up dated to 1001 thinking it would solve some temp reporting issues, but it only gave my fan control issues...

i await another update
Ryzen 7 1800X 3.6GHz 8-Core --->Upgraded---> Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core
Crosshair VI EXTREME EATX AM4
----Upgraded---> Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) ATX
H1150i PRO RGB
ROG GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 12 STRIX
SanDisk - X400 512GB M.2-2280 SSD
----Upgraded---> AORUS Gen4 1TB M.2 2280 x2 RAID0
Western Digital Black 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM
Crystal 570X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case
Dominator DDR4 3200 4x8GB
----Upgraded---> Vengeance LPX 64 GB
x2 Asus - PG279Q ROG Swift 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor

Bahz
Level 12
Which boards are you guys using and what version of AI Suite 3 are you using? If your fans are having fan control issues, try to use just the BIOS fan control and uninstall all other software with fan control and see if that solves the issue.

Raja
Level 13
The C6H fan control issues are known by R&D. Will be solved in a future update.

That's good news, getting sick of hearing a jumbo taking off from under my desk at very random intervals.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
The C6H fan control issues are known by R&D. Will be solved in a future update.

Does that mean that you don't need/want any bug reports concerning fan issues? My main grief is issues with fan calibration and the corresponding inability to use proper minimum fan-speed (too high minimum detected) or even not being able to use fan-control at all (0% is detected as maximum rpm, while 10% minimum would work). Both AI/FC and BIOS still have various issues with my fans and AIO pump.

We should have the option to manually override (false) calibration results.