cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RYUJIN III LCD no display after cold boot

dzocece
Level 7

Need help, I have a problem with the Ryujin 3. Whenever I turn on my pc first thing in the morning, the LCD won't turn on, I still need to turn it off and unplug the power supply, turn it back on untill the LCD will show the logo display.  I've been using this AIO since last Feb 2024 and unfortunately the problem occues around May.

Did clean OS install and AC but still the issue is recurring.
Need help. Been searching in forums but can't find the work around.
10 REPLIES 10

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @dzocece ,

according to your issue, do you mean that the LCD of your liquid cooler does not light up every time you turn on your computer? 

Is the liquid cooler itself functioning properly other than the LCD not lighting up? 

Have you tried using the official Armoury Crate uninstall tool to uninstall and reinstall the software? 

If you have reinstalled the software and the issue still persists, please provide the Armoury Crate logs for our reference.
The logs contain detailed information about the software's operation and can help us quickly identify the problem.
Please ensure that the logs accurately record the occurrence of the issue.
Here are the steps to collect Armoury Crate logs:
Please refer to Q5: What is APP Diagnostics? (New Feature)

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043747/#a14
Once you have completed the above steps, please upload the collected log files to a cloud storage service and send us the link via private message.
Also, please provide us with your product serial number and the screenshot of the Armoury crate update center.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Providing detailed device specifications (MB/CPU/GPU/PSU, etc.) and the respective driver versions, OS version, and BIOS version will help us analyze the issue more effectively.

dzocece
Level 7

Screenshot 2024-06-14 113421.pngYes, the liquid cooler is working well. No overheating and fan issues. The main issue is that the LCD is not lighting up whenever I boot my pc first thing in the morning.

I wonder what could be the cause of the problem, there are instances that the LCD will not light up. My workaround is to disconnect the power supply cord and then plug it back until the logo in the LCD will show up. 

I can't recall when did it started having this issue, I bought this way back february but haven't encountered such probem.

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming Wifi
CPU: Intel 13600KF
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 4070 OC
PSU: MSI A750GL
BIOS: 2301
Screenshot 2024-06-14 112037.png

Seb2
Level 7

C’est une catastrophe bientôt un mois et toujours les même bug. Multiples problèmes depuis la dernière mise à jour aio plugin. À quand une mise à jour potable… Je pense changer de marque pour la prochaine génération. 

dzocece
Level 7

I think I am the only one experiencing this since there is not much of interaction from admins and other user.

Screenshot 2024-06-18 065624.pngScreenshot 2024-06-18 065816.png

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @dzocece ,

thank you for the information you've provided. 
We've passed your details on to our relevant backend team for analysis. 
Please be patient and wait for any updates or messages from us. 
Thank you.

Providing detailed device specifications (MB/CPU/GPU/PSU, etc.) and the respective driver versions, OS version, and BIOS version will help us analyze the issue more effectively.

dzocece
Level 7

Hi @Aureliannn_ROG ,

Any updates? It makes me wonder... 

1.  A night before. I turned of the PC, unplug everything from the wall socket

2. In the morning when I plug in the power supply and boot the PC, the LCD will not LIGHT UP.

3. I shut down my PC, unplug everything and plug it back, boot up and the LCD wil LIGHT UP.

4. Also, If I unplug the 9pin USB while the PC is turned on and plug it back, the LCD will light up.

5. If I remove the magnetic LCD panel  while the PC is turned on and put it back, the LCD will light up.

6. After the LCD Will light up, It works well, displaying all the monitoring parameters. Even When I Shutdown the PC within the day, it will light up. The only gripe I have is that every FIRST BOOT or FIRST POWER ON the LCD will not LIGHT UP.

PS: I uninstalled AC, rollback BIOS, it is still the same issue.

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @dzocece ,

after confirmation from our backend team, it appears that you had AIDA64 running simultaneously and there were empty values in the screen information obtained from the HAL firmware. 

To clarify the following points, please assist us:

1. In your description, when you mentioned that the screen had issues starting from May, does it mean that the screen stopped working entirely after May? Or does it occasionally go black? Did any specific actions occur before or after the screen went black? (such as upgrades, firmware updates, displaying specific images, or starting to use AIDA64 or other third-party software?)
  2. Please update the software to the latest version and observe if the screen still has issues after closing AIDA64.
    => If the issue persists, please enable log recording, reset the device to "default" on the device page, enter the settings page, and save again (without changing any content). Then, please package and send us the log files. 

Thank you.

Hello @Aureliannn_ROG,

1. Sorry, I can't certainly pin point when did this issue started. I have noticed that when the PC is shutdown for to long (like 2 hours or so) and boot it up. The Ryujin III LCD will not light up, checking in device manager I can see that the device is working properly. As well as, in the AIDA64 app I can see the the RYUJIN is detected. Only it has no display.
  2. It's like the screen goes black at first boot after the PC is turned off for too long.
  3. The only work around I made is completely shutdown the PC again, unplug and plug power cord and boot it again and RYUJIN III LCD works, displaying AIDA64.
  4. Now, I have reset the BIOS 2301, did a fresh install of Windows 10, I did not install armoury crate and no Asus services running. But I still face the same Issue, the screen is black every first boot after the PC is turned off for too long.
  5. I am using AIDA64 7.30.6900 
  6. I will try to reinstall AC and do this "If the issue persists, please enable log recording, reset the device to "default" on the device page, enter the settings page, and save again (without changing any content). Then, please package and send us the log files."

Hello,

• I can’t really remember when did it started, anyways, I can certainly say that the issue occur only when my PC has been shutdown for too long (2 hours or more I may say) with the power cord unplugged. Whenever I boot my PC the Ryujin III LCD has no display. For it to light up, I need to shutdown, remove power and reboot.
  • For the context, I did a clean OS install. Did not install armoury crate and no Asus services running. But the issue is still recurring.

EDIT

• The software is updated, I even uninstall AIDA64, and  set default RYUJIN in AC, but then again, the isse persists. 
  • Just this morning, when I plug the power cord, RYUJIN LCD will supposed to light up in standby mode (as default) but did not, as I a boot my pc after 10 minutes, still the LCD did not light up.
  • IDK, it's kinda weird, the issue only happen every time the PC has been shutdown for too long. 
  • My only problem now is, I am way to far located from the nearest service center 😞