cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RyuJin III 240 ARGB no light

comipa
Level 7

I connected the FAN 3pin RGB connector to ROG STRIX Z690-I GAMING WIFI mainboard Addressable GEN 2 connector (ADD GEN2 / ADD GEN2_2), but the FAN no LED light, and Armoury Crate also cannot detect the ARGB Gen2 device (Anyway, I'm not sure it is GEN1 or GEN2).

Below is my connection:
9-Pin USB 2.0 Cable > 9-Pin USB 2.0 connector
4-Pin Fan Cable >AIO_Pump header
Both fan RGB use Male fan cable > ADD GEN2 or ADD GEN2_2
Both fan 4-Pin Fan cable > CPU_FAN Header

All function is working fine except the FAN RGB light.
It is no light.

I tried to uninstall, reinstall and update to latest version.
The Armoury Crate can detect the Ryujin III, and config the OLED display, change the fan speed, pump speed. I think it is connect successful.

Any one can give me some suggestion? or give me some advise on it? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @comipa,

based on your question, could you confirm if the issue with your cooling system is specifically related to the lights not turning on? 
Are all other functions working correctly? 
Please provide a screenshot of the Armoury Crate Update Center and the Armoury Crate log. 
For log operation steps, please refer to Q5: What is App Diagnostics? (New Feature)

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043747/#a14
After recording the log, please upload it to the cloud, approve access, and PM me the link. 
Additionally, kindly provide the product serial number. 
What color is the lighting set to in the Armoury Crate for the  cooler? 
Also, could you please record a video showing the cooler running normally but the lights not turning on for our reference?

Thank you.

Providing detailed device specifications (MB/CPU/GPU/PSU, etc.) and the respective driver versions, OS version, and BIOS version will help us analyze the issue more effectively.

I sent PM with the information to you.

Thanks!

comipa
Level 7

Hi Aureliannn_ROG,

Finally, I take out the AIO and test again, I found one of the FAN connector is not working, because you reminded me there are 2 cables I can swap to testI Swap the cable and test both FANs, I found one of the FAN connector is failure on RGB feature, I swap the FAN then it is working fine now.

Thanks for your support 😂