cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RYUJIN 360 Results - Surprsingly very good!

mdzcpa
Level 12
For my new 9900k/Hero XI build (see sig) I was lucky enough to find a RYUJIN 360 cooler in stock at Newegg before they quickly sold out. I was originally planning to use my H115i Pro that I use on my test bench for dry run builds. But as luck would have it the RYUJIN 360 came into stock last Thursday so I jumped on it.

The RYJUIN 360 arrived nicely packaged. Every bit as nice as the Corsair H115i Pro or H150i Po I had acquired before. All hardware needed was included along with the instruction and lots of protective wrapping. The only shortcoming was the instruction set was a bit small print and not easy to ready with all the languages included on each page. It also never expressly states what software you need to down load. But that's a small issue.

Anyways, I put the 9900k/Hero XI/Strix 2080 Ti into my new Phanteks Evolv X case along with the RYUJIN 360. I top mounted the radiator. I always prefer top mount position to exit hot air from the case. I know that location can increase CPU temps versus taking fresh air from a front case mount, but I also like the fresh air from the front directly feeding the GPU. So top mount it was.

I already planned to run AI Suite to manage my case fans and perform small clock changes from Windows. I downloaded Live Dash for screen and RGB functionality. In AI Suite the AIO pump can be set to a custom curve which is really nice. You can also do the same with the radiator fans and the water block fan. Super easy to work with. I did away with the ROG screen logo with Live Dash and instead set it to report CPU temp. Looks pretty good! One issue I found is that the RGB functionality in Live Dash conflicts with Aura. You cannot use both. However, once set up, you can control the RGB of the Ryujin from Aura without needing Live Dash. I used Live Dash only to run the OLED panel.

The best part of the story was the performance. The Ryujin 360 simply out cooled my H115i Pro and the H150i Pro by about 5-6c. It does get quite a bot louder in exchange for the loaded temp drops, but when not under heavy load the Ryujin was just as silent. You can custom set those Noctua fans to be extremely quiet. The most valuable result from the Ryujin was the MUCH lower VRM temps. With running the water block fan at a nearly silent 35% it dropped my loaded VRM temps by 14c !! (66c to 52c). Nice!!

Overall my 9900k runs at 5Ghz, All Cores, LLC 6, 1.29v under load @ 68C. Not bad! For AVX loads I run AVX -2 to keep temps in the 78-82C range. Again not bad at all for an AIO. Max VRM temp I saw was low 50s with AVX loads. That's just great. The nice part is getting that active cooling on the VRMs while offering some measure of good looks (I hate the look of fans just added about the motherboard without looking integrated).

Overall the RYUJIN 360 surprised the heck out me. Cools the CPU nicely for an AIO cooler. Cools the VRMs extremely well. And you get both of those things with some manner of style...I do like the OLED panel. Not the prettiest block out there...but darn effective. I also liked how easy it is to control the pump, pump fan, and rad fans from silent to full throttle through AI Suite with custom fan curves.

Pro:
Solid AIO Cooling
Excellent VRM Cooling with an AIO cooler
Easy Controls with AI Suite on an ROG motherboard
Nice OLED Panel
Integrated RGB with Aura

Cons:
A bit "chunky" looking for a modern AIO pump/block
Unclear instructions and vague regarding what software to download to run the unit
Live Dash RGB functions conflicts with Aura
Very Expensive for AIO cooling
15 REPLIES 15

Bayonett
Level 7
mdzcpa wrote:
For my new 9900k/Hero XI build (see sig) I was lucky enough to find a RYUJIN 360 cooler in stock at Newegg before they quickly sold out. I was originally planning to use my H115i Pro that I use on my test bench for dry run builds. But as luck would have it the RYUJIN 360 came into stock last Thursday so I jumped on it.

The RYJUIN 360 arrived nicely packaged. Every bit as nice as the Corsair H115i Pro or H150i Po I had acquired before. All hardware needed was included along with the instruction and lots of protective wrapping. The only shortcoming was the instruction set was a bit small print and not easy to ready with all the languages included on each page. It also never expressly states what software you need to down load. But that's a small issue.

Anyways, I put the 9900k/Hero XI/Strix 2080 Ti into my new Phanteks Evolv X case along with the RYUJIN 360. I top mounted the radiator. I always prefer top mount position to exit hot air from the case. I know that location can increase CPU temps versus taking fresh air from a front case mount, but I also like the fresh air from the front directly feeding the GPU. So top mount it was.

I already planned to run AI Suite to manage my case fans and perform small clock changes from Windows. I downloaded Live Dash for screen and RGB functionality. In AI Suite the AIO pump can be set to a custom curve which is really nice. You can also do the same with the radiator fans and the water block fan. Super easy to work with. I did away with the ROG screen logo with Live Dash and instead set it to report CPU temp. Looks pretty good! One issue I found is that the RGB functionality in Live Dash conflicts with Aura. You cannot use both. However, once set up, you can control the RGB of the Ryujin from Aura without needing Live Dash. I used Live Dash only to run the OLED panel.

The best part of the story was the performance. The Ryujin 360 simply out cooled my H115i Pro and the H150i Pro by about 5-6c. It does get quite a bot louder in exchange for the loaded temp drops, but when not under heavy load the Ryujin was just as silent. You can custom set those Noctua fans to be extremely quiet. The most valuable result from the Ryujin was the MUCH lower VRM temps. With running the water block fan at a nearly silent 35% it dropped my loaded VRM temps by 14c !! (66c to 52c). Nice!!

Overall my 9900k runs at 5Ghz, All Cores, LLC 6, 1.29v under load @ 68C. Not bad! For AVX loads I run AVX -2 to keep temps in the 78-82C range. Again not bad at all for an AIO. Max VRM temp I saw was low 50s with AVX loads. That's just great. The nice part is getting that active cooling on the VRMs while offering some measure of good looks (I hate the look of fans just added about the motherboard without looking integrated).

Overall the RYUJIN 360 surprised the heck out me. Cools the CPU nicely for an AIO cooler. Cools the VRMs extremely well. And you get both of those things with some manner of style...I do like the OLED panel. Not the prettiest block out there...but darn effective. I also liked how easy it is to control the pump, pump fan, and rad fans from silent to full throttle through AI Suite with custom fan curves.

Pro:
Solid AIO Cooling
Excellent VRM Cooling with an AIO cooler
Easy Controls with AI Suite on an ROG motherboard
Nice OLED Panel
Integrated RGB with Aura

Cons:
A bit "chunky" looking for a modern AIO pump/block
Unclear instructions and vague regarding what software to download to run the unit
Live Dash RGB functions conflicts with Aura
Very Expensive for AIO cooling

where can you change the screen i dont find it in ai suite?

You need to download Live Dash.

Live Dash handles the screen and RGB (if you do not sync it with Aura).
AI Suite 3 handles the pump and both radiator and VRM fan curves,
There is also a firmware update you should load first using the update tool

Its all here: https://www.asus.com/us/Cooling/ROG-RYUJIN-360/HelpDesk_Download/

Bayonett wrote:
where can you change the screen i dont find it in ai suite?

maroofurrc
Level 7
Hi I am planning to buy the Ryujin 360. Wanted to know if I can swap out the default Noctua fans with something better/fancy like the Corsair HD120 RGB LED. Also does the cooler support both Push/Pull configuration (6 fans) connecting directly to the cables coming out of the pump?

maroofurrc wrote:
Hi I am planning to buy the Ryujin 360. Wanted to know if I can swap out the default Noctua fans with something better/fancy like the Corsair HD120 RGB LED. Also does the cooler support both Push/Pull configuration (6 fans) connecting directly to the cables coming out of the pump?

I would go with LL120’s every time, they look amazing. *I would keep the Noctuas if not visible in a push/pull. *

maroofurrc wrote:

You could certainly change the fans. But if you want to control them via Fan Expert in AI Suite, you would need to run splitters as the 360 only comes with 3 connectors. I am uncertain of the amps those connectors can push but given my experience with AIO fan connectors, splitters usually work. But I cannot say I have tried this.

As for your fans, be sure to get fans that have the same or better static pressure and CFM specifications. The Noctua fans are what really drives this AIO good performance. Otherwise it is just another Asetek 360 radiators and pump.

ilc72 wrote:
I would go with LL120’s every time, they look amazing. *I would keep the Noctuas if not visible in a push/pull. *

Just watch those static pressure and CFM capabilities.

jsarver
Level 11
so my internal pump fan at low rpm's is making almost a clicking sound. it goes away as soon as i ramp up the speed. anyone else notice this?

jsarver wrote:
so my internal pump fan at low rpm's is making almost a clicking sound. it goes away as soon as i ramp up the speed. anyone else notice this?

Yes, at very low RPM it clicks. For me at about 20-30% it goes away. I run my pump at 40% and ramp with CPU speed, and my Fan at 30% and ramp up from there. At boot the fan bursts to 100% for a few seconds until the software kicks in. But the AIO is pretty darn quiet at desktop CPU heat levels. I also allow my pump to go to 100% under load, but I stop the pump house fan from going more than 80%. It's too loud over that and doesn't really add better VRM cooling.

ilc72
Level 7
mdzcpa wrote:
Anyways, I put the 9900k/Hero XI/Strix 2080 Ti into my new Phanteks Evolv X case along with the RYUJIN 360. *

I am planning on installing in the Evolv X but would like to install in front of case, are the tubes long enough? *Any advice gratefully received?

ilc72***

ilc72 wrote:
I am planning on installing in the Evolv X but would like to install in front of case, are the tubes long enough? *Any advice gratefully received?

ilc72***

Yes. The tubes are easily long enough.