cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG RYUJIN 360 OLED screen blinks

Crasje
Level 12

Hello,

My PC (W11) regularly chimes, hardware connect - disconnect and I have been looking what could be the cause but even the eventviewer didn't gave a clue.

Today I noticed that the OLED screen blinked several times synchronous with the W11 chime. I also have that when Armoury create doesn't show all my hardware, it is either my RYUJIN or my MOBO.

Question: does the screen blink for you too? Have I found the reason why my system chimes?

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉
4 REPLIES 4

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Crasje 

May I ask if the situation you described happened after any changes were made? For example, installing Armoury Crate or connecting an external device
We suggest you first check if the SATA power cable for the ROG RYUJIN 360 on the motherboard is properly connected.
Also, please go to Armory Crate > Settings > Update Center to confirm whether all items on this page have been updated to the latest version.
If the problem persists,please try using the Armoury Crate uninstall tool to uninstall it and reinstall via the ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME support page, finish the update again, and reboot.
If you have completed the above steps and are still experiencing the Windows disconnect sound and flashing on the ROG RYUJIN 360 OLED display, please provide a clear recording video for further confirmation.

Thank you.

Hello @Jiaszzz_ROG,

To answer your questions:

I reinstall AC about every 10 - 14 days. Why? Either my mobo or my Ryujin disappears in the hardware overview, sometimes also in the AURA overview and specific hardware pages will time out. When my PC starts up, I hardly ever have synchonous devices, I have to go into AURA section and unselect, select all to get all the ROG devices to be in sync (some parts devices are partly off, or stuck in same color when I have color cycle active).

Yes, I have the latest software, lates bios, latest drivers on everything. Why? Every update I pray that finally stuff will work as it should.  

I had my PC installed by a prof. company, so if you can tell me where the SATA power is connected on my Z690 Maximus extreme I will take check that out.

I read somewhere that the Ryujin should blink against burn in?

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉

Hello, Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your PC. Since your PC was built by others here is a link to your PCs manual  https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-z690-extreme-model/helpdesk_manual/ 

Reference page 18 as listed in the english manual for your mother board . There is a printout of the mother board with all the connection points labels with blue circles with numbers. The number 14 notes and points to the two on board USB 2.0 headers that your Ryujin usb cable should be connected at. Listed as USB_EP1E2 / USB_EP3E4 BLUE CIRCLE NUMBERED 14 at the bottom of page. This is one of the places that your AIO Ryujin connects to. The other is to a SATA power cable that comes from your power supply and is most likely connected to other devices on the SATA cable such as SSD drives or RGB Led lighting hub or fan hub.  if  your model has that cable as there are various AIO Ryujin models

Not knowing which model of the Ryujin AIO you have there are several models and a search on google will take you to ASUS Support page on how the Ryujin based on model  is connected example. Here is the Ryujin ii  shows all the connection points and where each cable goes. linked here  https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1048798/

I personally have the Ryujin III ARGB 360 gen 8 and there is only the USB cable, Fan Cable, Pump Cable and the ARBG Cable. Since my pump is powered through the usb cable and controlled via the fan and pump cables which for my model all connect to various ports on the mother board. This varies between models  here is example of usb connector to mother board in the photo below. 

usb connector on mb.png

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Crasje 

We believe that another moderator is currently assisting you in clarifying the related issues.
In order to avoid confusion and duplication in confirming the situation and settings, please prioritize the assistance provided through PM.

Thank you.