cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG RYUJIN 360 fan PWM & Armoury Crate

Samdalf
Level 7
Hi, I hope I am in the right place. First build here and this has been driving me nuts. I noticed that the fans don't spin below 40% PWM setting in armoury crate.

I have the ROG RYUJIN 360 connected to the AIO pump header with the fans connected to the AIO pump fan connector. SATA and usb 2.0 are also connected and everything works just about perfect. However, I noticed that the fans don't start spinning unless the PWM% is at least 40% in armoury crate. As of right now I changed the default smart mode setting of 30% PWM/30C to 40%/30C so there is some fan action going on.

Is this normal or is there something I am missing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12

Seymen
Level 8
Samdalf wrote:
Hi, I hope I am in the right place. First build here and this has been driving me nuts. I noticed that the fans don't spin below 40% PWM setting in armoury crate.

I have the ROG RYUJIN 360 connected to the AIO pump header with the fans connected to the AIO pump fan connector. SATA and usb 2.0 are also connected and everything works just about perfect. However, I noticed that the fans don't start spinning unless the PWM% is at least 40% in armoury crate. As of right now I changed the default smart mode setting of 30% PWM/30C to 40%/30C so there is some fan action going on.

Is this normal or is there something I am missing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm having exactly the same problem. Noctua fans are not rotating under 40% PWM.

Is there a solution so far?? Or should we have to set minimum PWM to 40% (870 rpm) so fans spin? My other concern is fans are very quite even at 40% so I started to think they are not rotating even at 870 rpm.

vadimzuev90
Level 7
It is OK for those fans not to spin WHEN the CPU is cool, see my reply in a related thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?108697-Ryujin-360-fans-not-starting-up&p=825159#post825159
The issue (in my case) is that they don't start even if the CPU approaches very high temps..

Sorry for digging this old thread but I too faced the no rotation below 40%.

I'm going to try PWM Low Noise Adapter from noctua to lower the voltage down and still allow adjustment from Armoury Crate.

This way you can get them to 400rpm, maybe at 40%