cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone figure out how to keep the display flipped

1mluer
Level 11
The way I currently have the Ryuo 240 setup was due to the fact I could rotate the display 180 degrees. Well I have to do it every time I start the machine. The live dash software doesn't remember settings it looks like.

Anyone figure this out yet or how do / would I update any bios that maybe available ?

Currently own both Ryou 240 installed and Ryujin 360 not installed yet.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!
3 REPLIES 3

1mluer
Level 11
Think I confirmed it's a software issue. I went into setting.ini for the livedash and it's working correctly when it updates the 180 degree flip setting.

Then it falls on it's face when trying to read that file. I can manually change it to flipped display and it does nothing when reading from that file on boot up.

Need software or firmware update here for sure 🙂
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer
Level 11
Updating my own thread again 🙂 I did the firmware update from 0103 to 0106. Nothing changed.

I click support and then check for updates and it takes me to the Ryuo 120 support page. It doesn't even know what version of Ryuo it is. Probably hard coded too.
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer
Level 11
Ok I think I figured it out: You have to basically fill in all the blanks before the software think's you're ready to run the RYUO 240.

I had to select a preloaded boot gif file and then select the button below it saying "set to default boot gif file". I clicked flip the display 180 degrees, hit apply.

I then shut down "not rebooted" my machine.. You can reboot all day and all of your setting are in RYOU memory so if you change something and want to see if it truly is configured than you have to shut down.

I turned my machine back on and low and behold the gif started and it was the right GIF this time and it started 180 Degrees flipped like I selected before. With the new GIF playing in the correct orientation, I then went back into live dash and it automatically took me to the Monitoring page where I chose CPU MHZ, CPU TEMP and AIO PUMP SPEED. I think hit apply..

I shut down the machine to see if it was applied and started it back up. It worked as expected.. The right GIF animation was playing while booting in the correct orientation, it then flipped on it's own to monitoring mode correctly orientated at 180 degrees showing my selected monitors.

I think it's setup now. Nothing tells, shows or warns you that you have not completely configured the product. I was under the impression that if I was to use Monitoring a GIF selection would be useless. I was wrong it seems. It's running good now.. If it changes I will be back..
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!