cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make it your own: The ASUS 3D Printing Project

Bahz
Level 12
ASUS welcomes a new era of PC customization by being the first motherboard brand to support 3D-printable parts, an initiative that allows hobbyists, enthusiasts and modders to add unique modifications to their ROG Strix X99 Gaming and ROG Rampage V Edition 10 motherboards. These boards feature easily swappable parts, enabling passionate DIYers to design and 3D-print their own replacement name plates and logos in a variety of colors and materials to match their themed builds. This exciting development brings a whole new world of personalization to the DIY PC experience.

Download Now - free source files

Z170 Pro Gaming AURA - Cable Cover
Function: Cover cables from power supply connector and RGB strips
How to fix: Use standoff on the motherboards chassis mounting holes
Direct Link

Z170 Pro Gaming AURA - I/O cover
Function: Personalized your motherboard
Direct Link

Z170 Pro Gaming AURA - M.2 fan holder
Function: 40x40mm fan holder to cool down the M.2 surface area
How to fix: Use standoffs over 6.5mm in height to attach the fan mount to the motherboard
Direct Link

Cable combs
Function: 24pins for a neater cable management
How to fix: Clip the cable in the cable comb
Direct Link

SLI bridge cover
Function: 3-way SLI HB bridge customization
How to fix: Clip the cover on the SLI bridge (glue or tape isn't needed)
Direct Link

ROG Rampage V Edition 10 - ROG logo
Limitation: We recommend to not use metal materials as it too thick to be able to clip it on
How to fix: Clip it on
Direct link

ROG Strix X99 Gaming – ROG logo on PCH cover
No limitations
How to fix: Double sided tape
Direct Link

ROG Strix X99 Gaming – Strix logo on I/O cover
No limitations
Direct Download

ROG Strix X99 Gaming - Name Plate
No limitations
Direct Download

TUF Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1- Original TUF badge
Suggest not to use FDM technology
Direct Download

For more pictures, and info, click here.
88 REPLIES 88

heres a little one for you tough owners that are starwars fans

rchiileea wrote:
heres a little one for you tough owners that are starwars fans

Nice one 😛
But what I what is the cooler mount for the sabertooth

DiorioBruno wrote:
Nice one 😛
But what I what is the cooler mount for the sabertooth

which cooler mount M2?

Just wanted to throw in my support. I am glad to see this initiative isn't dead.

I do think a little more marketing is required though. Reddit, LinusTechTips, OCN, PCPartpicker, etc nobody is really talking about this initiative (and they should!). I think PCPartpicker would be the best channel. A contest on their frontpage around the Kaby Lake mobo launch would be a success, I think.

I don't know if this would be structurally possible, but one thing I would love to see somebody attempt is a 90 degree GPU holder (bottom of GPU faces outside of the case vs the traditional down position). I would love to mount my GPU this way, even though my case doesn't officially support it. It would have to brace the card on the PSU shroud and have space for the PCIE ribbon. Throw in some hard mounting mechanism and you have yourself a handy piece of kit.

FlanK3r
Level 13
Guys, can you post worked link for FreeCad software?.)
Who knows me, knows me ;)....AMD 3000+, AMD x2 4600+ EE, AMD X4 955 BE C2,2x AMD X4 965 BE C3, AMD X4 970 BE C3, AMD x4 975 BE, AMD x4 980 BE, AMD X6 1090T BE, AMD x6 1100T BE, 2x AMD FX-8120, 2x AMD FX-8150, FX-6300, FX-8300, FX-8320E, FX-8320, FX-8350, FX-8370, FX-8370E, FX-9370, FX-9590, AMD A8-3850, AMD A8-3870K, A8-5600K, A10-5800K, A10-6800K, A10-7850K, A10-7870K, A 5150, Athlon x4 860K, Intel i7-5960X, i7-6700K, Intel i7-4770K, Intel i7-980x, Intel i7 2600k, Intel i7-3770K, i7-3930K.

Bahz
Level 12
Not sure if this was already posted in this thread, here are the Spatha 3D printing files we have shared on our official website.

https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-Spatha/3D-Printing/

warbosschoppa
Level 7
Anyone have the files for the bottom of the z170 pro-gaming/aura board? I find all these cables ugly to be seen and I really wanna hide them. It would really clean up my build.

Also what free program can I use to open these files and modify them myself?

crimxon04
Level 7
Bahz wrote:

Z170 Pro Gaming AURA - Cable Cover
Function: Cover cables from power supply connector and RGB strips
Direct Link

Z170 Pro Gaming AURA - I/O cover
Function: Personalized your motherboard
Direct Link

Z170 Pro Gaming AURA - M.2 fan holder
Function: 40x40mm fan holder to cool down the M.2 surface area
How to fix: Use standoffs over 6.5mm in height to attach the fan mount to the motherboard
Direct Link

I noticed that the I/O Cover and the M.2 Fan holder can be used in Z170 Pro Gaming (Non-Aura) but if I may ask, is the cable cover can also be used in Z170 Pro Gaming (Non- Aura)? I just noticed that the SATA ports of the non-aura Z170 is different

Hey ROG Community

I'm new here and want to bump this thread again.
I want to introduce myself faster:

I'm a 18 years old guy from Germany, very interested in CGI, working with programs like Blender and programming from time to time.

Since some months I started to Modding my case.
Now I have a Problem. I have the Asus z170 ProGaming Aura Mainboar and saw this 3D Printing Project here:
https://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2016/10/31/3d-printing-with-asus-rog/

On the original (US) website of my mainboard I didn't find the 3D Printings to Download.
Only on the german website I found the 3D Modells to download. But when I downloaded them I only had .txt files.

Then I found this Thread here, but the models I want aren't here.
The Cable cover for the bottom:
[ATTACH=CONFIG] 64104 [/ATTACH]
And the custom nameplate:
[ATTACH=CONFIG] 64105 [/ATTACH]

Did Asus give up the 3D Printing Project? My Mainboard was the first one which supported this and now I can't find the models 😞

Thank you for your help

scgt1
Level 8
I get the following message when trying to look up the 3d files:

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://rog.asus.com/https:/rog.asus.com/articles/pc-mods/download-3d-printable-parts-now/" on this server.

Reference #18.5cc18f18.1497447968.ec19ae

Looking for the Z270G files and maybe MVIIIF