cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make it your own: The ASUS 3D Printing Project

Bahz
Level 12
ASUS welcomes a new era of PC customization by being the first motherboard brand to support 3D-printable parts, an initiative that allows hobbyists, enthusiasts and modders to add unique modifications to their ROG Strix X99 Gaming and ROG Rampage V Edition 10 motherboards. These boards feature easily swappable parts, enabling passionate DIYers to design and 3D-print their own replacement name plates and logos in a variety of colors and materials to match their themed builds. This exciting development brings a whole new world of personalization to the DIY PC experience.

Download Now - free source files

Z170 Pro Gaming AURA - Cable Cover
Function: Cover cables from power supply connector and RGB strips
How to fix: Use standoff on the motherboards chassis mounting holes
Direct Link

Z170 Pro Gaming AURA - I/O cover
Function: Personalized your motherboard
How to fix: Use standoff on the motherboards chassis mounting holes
Direct Link

Z170 Pro Gaming AURA - M.2 fan holder
Function: 40x40mm fan holder to cool down the M.2 surface area
How to fix: Use standoffs over 6.5mm in height to attach the fan mount to the motherboard
Direct Link

Cable combs
Function: 24pins for a neater cable management
How to fix: Clip the cable in the cable comb
Direct Link

SLI bridge cover
Function: 3-way SLI HB bridge customization
How to fix: Clip the cover on the SLI bridge (glue or tape isn't needed)
Direct Link

ROG Rampage V Edition 10 - ROG logo
Limitation: We recommend to not use metal materials as it too thick to be able to clip it on
How to fix: Clip it on
Direct link

ROG Strix X99 Gaming – ROG logo on PCH cover
No limitations
How to fix: Double sided tape
Direct Link

ROG Strix X99 Gaming – Strix logo on I/O cover
No limitations
Direct Download

ROG Strix X99 Gaming - Name Plate
No limitations
Direct Download

TUF Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1- Original TUF badge
Suggest not to use FDM technology
Direct Download

For more pictures, and info, click here.
88 REPLIES 88

Where can I find a file for a angled GPU holder?

frager23 wrote:
Where can I find a file for a angled GPU holder?

For now we do not have such design. But we will take the suggestion into consideration. Don't hesitate to do your own and share it here 🙂 3D printing is a community project and everyone can contribute.

Sokonomi wrote:
How about a cover for the formula VIII ?

I absolutely love the board, but my only gripe is the completely choked M.2 enclosure.
I would like it if I could print a custom cover lid with a heatsink hole in it.

Especially since you guys dont sell the lid separate for me to cut it with a dremel risk free.. :rolleyes:

For Maximus VIII Formula, then we would need the armor design and adjust to see the M.2. Do you have some 3D software skills?
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

You guys may want to look into doing some testing with the Mark Forged MKII. I am having a backplate made by a guy with one and it is pretty amazing.

It can do fiber glass, carbon fiber, HSHT fiber glass, and kevlar reinforced nylon. The CF and Fiber Glass are crazy strong and could easily support multiple water cooled GPUs with little material. CF also has really good thermal conductivity.

AMP_US wrote:
You guys may want to look into doing some testing with the Mark Forged MKII. I am having a backplate made by a guy with one and it is pretty amazing.

It can do fiber glass, carbon fiber, HSHT fiber glass, and kevlar reinforced nylon. The CF and Fiber Glass are crazy strong and could easily support multiple water cooled GPUs with little material. CF also has really good thermal conductivity.

I had a look at their website and they do some pretty crazy things - thanks for sharing. Do you have a picture of the backplate? It will be nice to see.
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

I had a look at their website

me too 😄 and i really like what i can see there looks really interesting and i also would love to see the pics from that backplate 😄

Bahz
Level 12
No this is definitely not dead and we really want to push the idea of 3D printing for all the compatible products. We're working on the files and slowly but surely we'll share the files of all parts that we have thoroughly tested.

Hey Bahz
Is there any news about the 3d files for z170 Mark1???
The Ram cooler Kit would look awesome in my build, :rolleyes:
My old ram cooler looks not so fine 😞

Bahz wrote:
No this is definitely not dead and we really want to push the idea of 3D printing for all the compatible products. We're working on the files and slowly but surely we'll share the files of all parts that we have thoroughly tested.

Hello Bahz,

I know there must be many tests to be done before the mods can be released, but the announcement of the project was in June, and I can say for myself, I am very anxious for the release of the pieces of sabertooth z170.
Is there any information that you can provide us regarding the expectations of making available the files of the 3D parts?

Already released the files from x99 strix gaming?

Glad to know isn't dead already.
I'll wait patiently for the release of tested parts, but i was wondering if there's a chance to get the 3d model of the Motherboards itself... or some kind of sizes and specifications so we can start designins some parts for them. 😄