05-31-2016 01:07 AM
05-31-2016 04:38 AM
05-31-2016 07:35 AM
Wow that is cool !
This is the first I've heard of this, I'm looking forward to seeing more for sure. 🙂
I like the black rampage v edition 10.
05-31-2016 08:11 AM
06-02-2016 09:43 PM
06-03-2016 11:49 AM
Have you guys thought about what kind of design you would put on your motherboard? Would be awesome if we can have everyone share their vision of the perfect custom design for their motherboard.
06-05-2016 08:47 PM
I would love to see some automotive design themes integrated into motherboard aesthetics.
Not exactly ROG's techno-Mayan aesthetic, but cool none the less. I guess I could come up with some hand sketches.
This would also work really well with water cooling... speaking of which... I would love to see motherboard pieces that aesthetically integrate with watercooling components. By this I mean if I put a full cover block on my HEDT mobo, I don't have to loose the aesthetic appeal of the board because I can have a shroud made that fits around the monoblock. This is something I emailed JJ about a couple months ago.
Other random ideas:
- Yes to GPU supports
- Yes to LED plates (IE LED shines through and displays a graphic)
- Partnerships with game devs (license the use of their brand/character images)
- Cover for headers on the bottom of the mobo
- Support for desktop and HEDT boards
- Publish color codes for ROG colors (IE the colors on your products)
- "Empty" ram sticks for those that only have 2/4 or 2/8, 4/8, etc RAM slots populated
- Focus on boards without a shroud (mATX never gets a shroud from the factory)
- Angled GPU holders
- Bracket/support for M.2 heatsinks (brace against gravity)
- Giant CPU cooler brace (below CPU socket as part of shroud)
- "Mount points" for 3D printed pieces on mobos out of the factory (make official designs more user friendly to those less technically inclined)
IMO a community feedback/outreach push, then a review period and then formal PR would probably be the best path Maybe a toolkit down the line and even further a dedicated website with a database of designs (official and unofficial)
06-06-2016 02:43 AM
06-06-2016 09:23 AM
06-06-2016 08:18 PM
While I don't own a 3d printer myself, I looked for a shop to do that for me, so that'll be great
I especially love how some hide the cables
Having a clean look is why I opted for a board with armor in the first place
These additional parts could add quite something
Personally I think I would try to have some of the bigger parts with a ROG logo "cut out" so I could put some plexi under it n give it some rgb led touch
Depends on the 3d printers quality I guess