cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make it your own: The ASUS 3D Printing Project

Bahz
Level 12
ASUS welcomes a new era of PC customization by being the first motherboard brand to support 3D-printable parts, an initiative that allows hobbyists, enthusiasts and modders to add unique modifications to their ROG Strix X99 Gaming and ROG Rampage V Edition 10 motherboards. These boards feature easily swappable parts, enabling passionate DIYers to design and 3D-print their own replacement name plates and logos in a variety of colors and materials to match their themed builds. This exciting development brings a whole new world of personalization to the DIY PC experience.

Download Now - free source files

Z170 Pro Gaming AURA - Cable Cover
Function: Cover cables from power supply connector and RGB strips
How to fix: Use standoff on the motherboards chassis mounting holes
Direct Link

Z170 Pro Gaming AURA - I/O cover
Function: Personalized your motherboard
Direct Link

Z170 Pro Gaming AURA - M.2 fan holder
Function: 40x40mm fan holder to cool down the M.2 surface area
How to fix: Use standoffs over 6.5mm in height to attach the fan mount to the motherboard
Direct Link

Cable combs
Function: 24pins for a neater cable management
How to fix: Clip the cable in the cable comb
Direct Link

SLI bridge cover
Function: 3-way SLI HB bridge customization
How to fix: Clip the cover on the SLI bridge (glue or tape isn't needed)
Direct Link

ROG Rampage V Edition 10 - ROG logo
Limitation: We recommend to not use metal materials as it too thick to be able to clip it on
How to fix: Clip it on
Direct link

ROG Strix X99 Gaming – ROG logo on PCH cover
No limitations
How to fix: Double sided tape
Direct Link

ROG Strix X99 Gaming – Strix logo on I/O cover
No limitations
Direct Download

ROG Strix X99 Gaming - Name Plate
No limitations
Direct Download

TUF Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1- Original TUF badge
Suggest not to use FDM technology
Direct Download

For more pictures, and info, click here.
88 REPLIES 88

scgt1 wrote:
I get the following message when trying to look up the 3d files:

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://rog.asus.com/https:/rog.asus.com/articles/pc-mods/download-3d-printable-parts-now/" on this server.

Reference #18.5cc18f18.1497447968.ec19ae

Looking for the Z270G files and maybe MVIIIF

Well that makes sense since your url is all wrong.
https://rog.asus.com/articles/pc-mods/download-3d-printable-parts-now/

Somehow "https://rog.asus.com" got added to the first half of your link and you were missing a forward slash.

binary100100 wrote:
Well that makes sense since your url is all wrong.
https://rog.asus.com/articles/pc-mods/download-3d-printable-parts-now/

Somehow "https://rog.asus.com" got added to the first half of your link and you were missing a forward slash.

Ha
It isn't my URL. It's what automatically comes up for me when I click Downloads then 3d printing on the top of this page. Very strange. I can copy the link from the 3d printing image which is:
https://rog.asus.com/24632016/pc-mods/download-3d-printable-parts-now/

But it changes to that error page after I click it and shows that other link in the error and the address bar.

Doesn't matter really. Asus botched the I/O cover for the Z270G if your using a graphics card. The I/O cover mounts internally to itself in the middle of the pci slot completely blocking the ability to install a gpu. They should have designed it with an external mount like what MSI did on the B150M Mortar Arctic. (Screw tab on the outside of the cover not inside. This way the actual cover would stop right at the edge of the bottom I/O connections but there would still be a small screw tab to connect it to the mounting hole on the board. 😞

scgt1 wrote:
I get the following message when trying to look up the 3d files:

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://rog.asus.com/https:/rog.asus.com/articles/pc-mods/download-3d-printable-parts-now/" on this server.

Reference #18.5cc18f18.1497447968.ec19ae

Looking for the Z270G files and maybe MVIIIF

Bug it's fixed.

For the 3D printed files, a quick way to find the different pieces available is to go on the product page directly. We've added a 3D printed tab for the motherboards that support the 3D mount / specific 3D part designed by our team.

Strix Z270G Gaming

For the Maximus VIII Formula, the 3D printing project wasn't implemented yet. The Z170 Pro gaming Aura was the first board, 3D printing friendly.
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
Bug it's fixed.

For the 3D printed files, a quick way to find the different pieces available is to go on the product page directly. We've added a 3D printed tab for the motherboards that support the 3D mount / specific 3D part designed by our team.

Strix Z270G Gaming

For the Maximus VIII Formula, the 3D printing project wasn't implemented yet. The Z170 Pro gaming Aura was the first board, 3D printing friendly.

Yes the link is now fixed. Although it should really lead to all the 3d downloads otherwise the section is pretty pointless if they all aren't available in the same location. I get being able to get them from the specific product page but if there is going to be a specific section for 3d printing they everything that is made available should be in that section.

I get what your saying with the VIII Formula I guess I was thinking about the next version Formula. It would be nice for the designer of the Z270G to redesign the I/O 3d printed part so it surrounds the I/O plugs closest to the PCI-E slot and then has the screw mount tab on the outside of the cover. The way it is designed now you can't use a graphics card in the main x16 slot because it ends up being blocked by the I/O cover from the look the I/O cover and how it is designed with the orientation of the lower mounting hole. 😕

scgt1
Level 8
Trying my hand at correcting the Z270G I/O cover since the R&D department at Asus neglected to think about people wanting to actually use their PCI-E 16X slot if they use the cover.
Have never done 3d modeling before and I'm getting to a point where I can't move the outer wall without skewing the whole screw mount section. 😞 trying 123D now and of course having to somewhat learn (har har yea sure) a new cad program all over again.

First SS is the box area with the triangle reinforcement section removed that would be sitting in the way of the first pci-e slot if you just print their 3d file as is. Second screen shot is after moving the outer wall to where it ideally would be right at the edge of the audio I.O box. I mocked up my old B150M I/O cover onto my Z270G the other day to show how this cover should have been designed and how tight the clearance is with that cover.

Not only will the lower upright part (pictured below) have to be edited but the actual fluff part with all the angles (the actual I/O cover) will have to be shrunk down because with the Asus design it's too long. 😞 I have a guy that was going to edit this for me and print it but wasn't understanding what I was telling him needed to be done to the below piece. So I'm having to attempt to edit it enough so he understands. lol I hope the second photo aside from the skewing of the recessed area for the transistor of what ever it is that is soldered to the board by the screw mount shows him enough of what I was trying to get across on what needs to be done to make it actually functional with a gpu.

scgt1
Level 8
Well seems after over a year of trying to get through to Asus in the fact the Z270G I/O cover is useless if you want to use a gpu they are going to finally correct it.

From a response from a supervisor:

"Your case was escalated to our engineers who advised that The earliest that we can correct the file is the 26th of June."

Now for them to just release working versions of the Aura software alot sooner then they do to be compatible with Windows updates. Or better yet just rewrite the program completely so it doesn't depend on specific Windows versions and will still work properly after a Windows update. At least they are telling me the last stable version doesn't work because of the newest Windows updates. Who knows if that is really the case. lol

undersky1
Level 7
Bahz wrote:
ASUS welcomes a new era of PC customization by being the first motherboard brand to support 3D-printable parts, an initiative that allows hobbyists, enthusiasts and modders to add unique modifications to their ROG Strix X99 Gaming and ROG Rampage V Edition 10 motherboards. These boards feature easily swappable parts, enabling passionate DIYers to design and 3D-print their own replacement name plates and logos in a variety of colors and materials to match their themed builds. This exciting development brings a whole new world of personalization to the DIY PC experience.

Download Now - free source files

Z170 Pro Gaming AURA - Cable Cover
Function: Cover cables from power supply connector and RGB strips
Direct Link

Z170 Pro Gaming AURA - I/O cover
Function: Personalized your motherboard
Direct Link

Z170 Pro Gaming AURA - M.2 fan holder
Function: 40x40mm fan holder to cool down the M.2 surface area
How to fix: Use standoffs over 6.5mm in height to attach the fan mount to the motherboard
Direct Link

Cable combs
Function: 24pins for a neater cable management
How to fix: Clip the cable in the cable comb
Direct Link

SLI bridge cover
Function: 3-way SLI HB bridge customization
How to fix: Clip the cover on the SLI bridge (glue or tape isn't needed)
Direct Link

ROG Rampage V Edition 10 - ROG logo
Limitation: We recommend to not use metal materials as it too thick to be able to clip it on
How to fix: Clip it on
Direct link

ROG Strix X99 Gaming – ROG logo on PCH cover
No limitations
Direct Link

ROG Strix X99 Gaming – Strix logo on I/O cover
No limitations
Direct Download

ROG Strix X99 Gaming - Name Plate
No limitations
Direct Download

TUF Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1- Original TUF badge
Suggest not to use FDM technology
Direct Download

For more pictures, and info, click here.

The dropbox link doesnt work anymore please fix it

JohnnyGFX
Level 7
By any chance does anyone have the updated M.2 Fan Holder files? Asus's website doesn't actually link to them anymore on their website. They have the Shapeways account and I've tried messaging them through that and attempted to contact Asus support. So far, no luck in getting my hands on them. The design they have on the Shapeways site has some updates over the ones at the beginning of this thread. If push comes to shove I'll probably just end up building my own design, but if I can find the original file for the updated version that would be preferable. Specifically I'm looking for this particular model

I stay doing a custom 3D print parts to B550M-PLUS TUF GAMING!